Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Various Artists - Great Black Cooga-Mooga: Early Rockin' Rhythm & Blues

Year: 2004
Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 59:25
Size: 138,4 MB
Styles: R&B
Scans: Full

1. Chuck Mann - Little Miss Muffet (1:53)
2. Danny 'Run Joe' Taylor - Makeena (2:43)
3. Rudy Ray Moore & Dick Barrow Orchestra - Take A Little Time To Do Right (1:53)
4. Charles Walker - It Ain't Right (2:33)
5. Big Mack & His Shufflers - Out Of My Mind (Instr.) (2:03)
6. Elmer Parker & The Light Lighters - You Know I Love You (2:08)
7. Williams French & Eugene Isom & His Van-Glorians - Hey, Hey Baby (2:27)
8. 'Little Mr. Blues' George Terry & Duke Anderson All Stars - Mama, Your Daughter Plays It Cool (2:44)
9. Johnny Irving & The Blue Notes - I've Got So Many Women (2:32)
10. Johnny Johnson - Great Cooga-Mooga (2:14)
11. Charles Walker - Charles Walker Slop (Instrumental) (2:18)
12. 'Little Mr. Blues' George Terry & Duke Anderson All Stars - Rough And Rocky (2:25)
13. Escos - Chick-A-Dee (3:00)
14. Fay Simmons - Ella Weaver (2:39)
15. Sonny & The Premiers - Hey Miss Fancy (2:26)
16. Billy Hoke - Cryin' And Wonderin' (2:16)
17. Johnny Wright - Gotta Have You For Myself (2:32)
18. Jimmy 'Wildman' Spruill - Scratchin' (Instrumental) (2:00)
19. Elmer Parker & The Light Lighters - I Like The Way You Walk (2:11)
20. Fay Simmons - Secret Love (2:51)
21. Leroy & The Premiers - Run Along Baby (2:11)
22. Roy Brown - Young Blood Twist (2:12)
23. Elliott Shavers - Party Poppin Part 2 (Instrumental) (2:22)
24. Jimmy 'Wildman' Spruill - Country Boy (2:33)
25. Johnson Boudreaux & The Jokers Orchestra - Love Money (2:08)

Another 25 track killer CD with Early Rockin' Rhythm & Blues from small local labels that in many cases only had one or so release more than 45 years ago. Many great unknown Rockin' jewels again like our previous releases in this series. With Chuck Mann, Charles Walker, Johnny Johnson, Fay Simmons, Jimmy 'Wildman' Spruill, Johnny Wright, Roy Brown, Elmer Parker and many others.

Great Black Cooga-Mooga mc
Great Black Cooga-Mooga zippy

11 comments:

gilles said...

@Red Rooster : TYVM for this two posts from Still's label. Great stuff !

Red Rooster said...

You're welcome Gilles, glad you enjoyed the post(s). And yes, there are some really great stuff on those compilations. Just wish there could have been more extended info included in the package. But still, the music itself is the most important thing. :)

teddy cat baz said...

cheers the rooster

gilles said...

@Red Rooster : I totally agree. Only the music does matter

Motown Fats said...

Hello Red,

Could you please re-up this great CD when you have the time. I have half a dozen of these beauties that I would like to upgrade to 320. Many thanks!

Red Rooster said...

Links for this post updated June 11, 2019.

Motown Fats said...

Hey Red, Thanks a million. You come through every time!

JennyD said...

I swear, Red, how do you do it? HOW do you do all this great work finding fabulous old obscure WONDERFUL music! I'm in awe...and I'm in THANKS!

Red Rooster said...

You're both welcome Motown Fats and JennyD, glad you enjoyed the post. Thanks for your comments. And how do we do it? Well, in this case I found the CDs in this series with a online seller. Still miss a couple of volumes but hoping to find them one of these days. If so, they will of course be posted so keep your fingers crossed.

Motown Fats said...

Hey Red, Maple Blues helped me out yesterday finding the 19th CD in this series. I have the complete set. Let me know which ones you are lacking and, I'll get them to you. Nine of them are @320 and the rest, @128 - @256. Always looking to upgrade to @320. More than happy to help out.

Red Rooster said...

Thanks for your offer Motown Fats, I will let you know if I need any of the volumes you've got. However, I am still hunting for the physical cds in the series since I wanna make my collection of the cds complete. So far I have twelve of them (all posted here) and looking here and there for the remaining ones. Your offer is much appreciated nevertheless and I might take you up on it if I can't find the actual cds anywhere. Sincerely, Red Rooster