Time: 37:22
Size: 85.6 MB
Styles: Roots, Blues
Year: 2018
Art: Front
[3:16] 1. The Drop
[3:39] 2. Burden
[3:25] 3. Slow Down
[3:13] 4. Know My Name
[3:50] 5. Sinner Song
[1:47] 6. Please
[3:45] 7. I See You
[3:11] 8. Enemy
[3:54] 9. Sister
[3:52] 10. Die Young
[3:25] 11. Take Me Away
Jonathon Linaberry keeps things ragged and direct on Ones to Keep Close, his third album as The Bones of J.R. Jones. Sometimes with as little instrumentation as a distorted guitar, handclaps, a distant piano and his voice, Linaberry conjures visions of smoky after-hours bars and the next morning's quiet aftermath. Nicole Atkins pops in for a guest spot on "Burden," adding a gentle lilt to the proceedings.
"I battled a lot of my own creative insecurities," Linaberry wrote of the new record. "I've never been truly satisfied with my prior releases, but because of the slow process I took on this album, every choice was painfully deliberate and intentional. I feel like this album is more me than any other prior release." ~Chris Steffen
"I battled a lot of my own creative insecurities," Linaberry wrote of the new record. "I've never been truly satisfied with my prior releases, but because of the slow process I took on this album, every choice was painfully deliberate and intentional. I feel like this album is more me than any other prior release." ~Chris Steffen
Ones To Keep Close mc
Ones To Keep Close zippy

1 comment:
this artist needs to be heard
Post a Comment