Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Jimmy King & The King James Version Band - Soldier For The Blues

Year: 1997
Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 52:37
Size: 121,4 MB
Styles: Electric blues
Scans: Front, back

1. Living In The Danger Zone (3:27)
2. Drawers (5:03)
3. I'm Doing Fine (4:35)
4. Life Is Hard (4:27)
5. I Don't Need Nobody That Don't Need Me (4:56)
6. We'll Be Together Again (3:44)
7. Soldier For The Blues (4:28)
8. You Ain't Bullet Proof (4:21)
9. It Takes A Whole Lot Of Money (3:51)
10. Don't Wanna Go Home (4:34)
11. It Ain't The Same No Mo (3:55)
12. I Got Sick One Day (5:09)

Little Jimmy King's third album finds him in the well-placed hands of Memphis producing and arranging legend Willie Mitchell. With Mitchell's publishing branch supplying six of the 12 selections here, there's a much more pronounced soul/blues feeling to this album than his two previous efforts, spelled out in a most contemporary manner on the confessional opening track, "Living In the Danger Zone" and "We'll Be Together Again."

As always, Little Jimmy tips his hat to his mentor, the late Albert King with every note he hits on his Flying V, squeezing strings over several frets to get those classic Albert microtonal bends on tracks like "I Don't Need Nobody That Don't Need Me," "Drawers" and the title track. This is a thoroughly contemporary blues album that could - and should - expand King's audience beyond the usual blues circles. /Cub Koda, AllMusic

Soldier For The Blues mc
Soldier For The Blues zippy

3 comments:

Lewdd said...

Isn't he Eric Gales brother? I remember seeing both of them when I lived in Memphis 20+ years ago at BB King's Blues Club on Beale St

Red Rooster said...

You're correct Lewdd, he was the brother of Eric Gales. The Gales brother recorded an album entitled "Left Hand Brand" together in 1996. I will make a post of it here unless you already have it.

Lewdd said...

I have the CD but others may not so put it up if you wish.