Size: 96.5 MB
Time: 18:21
File: FLAC
Released: 2021
Styles: Chicago Blues
Art: Front
01. Baby Please Don't Go (2:35)
02. Hoochie Coochie Man (2:50)
03. I Just Want To Make Love To You (5:06)
04. I'm Ready (2:48)
05. Interview And Band Intros (1:33)
06. Oh Yeah (3:26)
Personnel:
Jimmy Rogers: Guitar
Littel George: Harmonica
Otis Spann: Piano
Elgin Evans: Drums
As a YOUNGSTER growing up in the excitement of 1960's Hollywood, I had the good fortune to meet the giant of the blues that was MUDDY WATERS. It was at the world-famous RCA Victor studio on Sunset Boulevard in 1966, when MUDDY and his band participated in the recording sessions for what would become the, "Full Spoon Of Seedy Blues" album, by hot GNP Crescendo act The Seeds. Muddy was charming, friendly and charismatic, and now as I look back, I recognize that all of my heroes as musicians - Led Zeppelin, The Stones, AC/DC, The Yardbirds, John Mayall, Canned Heat, Ten Years After - were influenced by this genial father of the Chicago Blues. The big rock groups became superstars using many of his ideas!
I also didn't realize at the time that my father, the legendary Los Angeles disc jockey and entrepreneur Gene Norman, had previously presented Muddy in concert in the 1950's. My dad had a habit of professionally taping many of the great and groundbreaking events that he held at the Shrine, the Crescendo and other venues from the late 1940's on, and I am proud to present you one of those historic recordings here. I think you will agree it captures Muddy and his great band at the peak of their powers, and the superb sound quality and lively performance gives us that wonderful "you are there" experience.
As Gary Suarez wrote, "Rock (and sex), is nothing without the blues." This tape waited patiently in my dad's garage until Malcolm Cecil and I found it in the 1990's. My colleague Alec Palao subsequently came across it, and has now refurbished it for this exciting 10-inch package. Enjoy! ~NEIL NORMAN 2021
Jimmy Rogers: Guitar
Littel George: Harmonica
Otis Spann: Piano
Elgin Evans: Drums
As a YOUNGSTER growing up in the excitement of 1960's Hollywood, I had the good fortune to meet the giant of the blues that was MUDDY WATERS. It was at the world-famous RCA Victor studio on Sunset Boulevard in 1966, when MUDDY and his band participated in the recording sessions for what would become the, "Full Spoon Of Seedy Blues" album, by hot GNP Crescendo act The Seeds. Muddy was charming, friendly and charismatic, and now as I look back, I recognize that all of my heroes as musicians - Led Zeppelin, The Stones, AC/DC, The Yardbirds, John Mayall, Canned Heat, Ten Years After - were influenced by this genial father of the Chicago Blues. The big rock groups became superstars using many of his ideas!
I also didn't realize at the time that my father, the legendary Los Angeles disc jockey and entrepreneur Gene Norman, had previously presented Muddy in concert in the 1950's. My dad had a habit of professionally taping many of the great and groundbreaking events that he held at the Shrine, the Crescendo and other venues from the late 1940's on, and I am proud to present you one of those historic recordings here. I think you will agree it captures Muddy and his great band at the peak of their powers, and the superb sound quality and lively performance gives us that wonderful "you are there" experience.
As Gary Suarez wrote, "Rock (and sex), is nothing without the blues." This tape waited patiently in my dad's garage until Malcolm Cecil and I found it in the 1990's. My colleague Alec Palao subsequently came across it, and has now refurbished it for this exciting 10-inch package. Enjoy! ~NEIL NORMAN 2021
Thanks to Nappywrags

5 comments:
Thx, BT!
Thank-you! :)
Gary Suarez certainly knows how to capture people's attention
WOW !! Nice recording !!! Thanks
WOW ......SUPER ....many thanks ...!!!
Good holidays ..!!
ciao
Post a Comment