Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Uncle Sinner - Let The Devil In

Size: 105,3 MB
Time: 44:51
File: MP3 @ 320K/s
Released: 2015
Styles: Acoustic Blues
Art: Front

1. Blow, Gabriel (2:42)
2. Old Reuben (2:49)
3. Let The Devil In (3:34)
4. Wolves A-Howling (2:51)
5. Jesus Is A Dying Bed Maker (3:29)
6. Little Girl In Rome (5:21)
7. 900 Miles (3:41)
8. This World Can't Stand Long (2:43)
9. Black Betty (2:16)
10. Milkcow Blues (2:54)
11. Move Daniel (2:14)
12. Oh Death (3:19)
13. Wayfaring Stranger/Wabash Blues (6:53)

Uncle Sinner is a Canadian artist who plays music that sweats, scratches and stomps. Most of his songs are created using the skeletons of traditional American music, but the words are often re-written and the bones rearranged. Uncle Sinner accompanies his arrangements with banjo, slide guitar and various other guitars. Uncle Sinner’s first cd, “Ballads and Mental Breakdowns”, was released in December 2008 by Devil’s Ruin Records (now apparently defunct). A follow-up, “Let the Devil In” will be released in 2015.

Let The Devil In MP3 Mega
Let The Devil In MP3 MC

3 comments:

daba said...

Thanks Flash for this Canadian artist! :)

daba said...

"The weirder a blues player is, the more interested I get," Mike Bodner told me from his home in Winnipeg. "If it's just 12-bar stuff, I lose interest pretty fast. I like the peripheries of the genre."
This will come as no surprise to anyone who's heard Let The Devil In, a splendidly primitive and sinister exercise in country gospel/blues which Bodner's just released under his performing name Uncle Sinner. It's an intimate, unsettling record, full of Old Testament fury and demonic infestation: everything you need for this music to work its dark magic on you. But why the alias?
"I chose 'Sinner' to provide some distance from the more overt religious material," Bodner explains. "Something to let people know they could like the songs even if they don't necessarily agree that God is going to come down and start kicking ass. The 'Uncle' part was just to give a sense of familiarity - a black sheep in the family, I guess." Interview by Paul Slade

pheebster said...

Thanks Flash Nice to see something by Uncle Sinner here. His music has a stark beauty that I like