Wednesday, May 28, 2014

John Lee Hooker - The Complete John Lee Hooker Vol. 5 of 6

Size: 164,3+157,1 MB
Time: 70:04
File: MP3 @ 320K/s
Released: 2004
Styles: Detroit Blues
Art: Full

CD 1:
01. Where Did You Stay Last Night (3:13)
02. I Got Drunk (Take 1) (3:04)
03. I Got Drunk (Take 2) (3:06)
04. Cold Chills All Over Me (I Got Drunk) (Take 3) (3:10)
05. Rock Me Mama (Take 1) (2:53)
06. Rock Me Mama (Take 2) (2:50)
07. Rock Me Mama (Take 3) (2:42)
08. I Come To You Baby (2:46)
09. Someone To Love (Take 1) (2:49)
10. Someone To Love (Take 2) (3:03)
11. Walkin' The Boogie (2:57)
12. Walkin' The Boogie (Alt. Take) (2:35)
13. Sugar Mama (3:20)
14. I Don't Want Your Money (3:04)
15. Hey Baby (3:29)
16. The Journey (3:45)
17. Bluebird (3:04)
18. Love Blues (3:01)
19. Apologize (3:05)
20. Lonely Boy Boogie (3:23)
21. Please Don't Go (2:31)
22. Worried Life Blues (3:07)
23. Down At The Landing (2:55)

CD 2:
01. It Hurts Me So (2:49)
02. I Got Eyes For You (2:41)
03. Key To The Highway (2:34)
04. I Got The Key (Alt. Take) (2:45)
05. Bluebird Blues (2:45)
06. It's Time For Lovin' To Be Done (2:59)
07. That's All Right (2:17)
08. It's Been A Long Time Baby (3:18)
09. Ride 'Till I Die (2:59)
10. I Tried Hard (2:54)
11. Rock House Boogie (2:54)
12. It's Stormin' And Rainin' (3:05)
13. Let's Talk It Over (3:01)
14. Cool Little Car (3:13)
15. Lookin' For A Woman (3:12)
16. It's My Own Fault (3:00)
17. Juke Bug (2:39)
18. Blues For Big Town (3:12)
19. Women And Money (2:58)
20. Boogie Rambler (3:06)
21. No More Doggin' (2:44)
22. Love Money Can't Buy (2:42)
23. Please Take Me Back (2:57)

Body & Soul has undertaken the huge task of issuing all of John Lee Hooker's recorded work in chronological order, beginning with this double-disc set, which includes Hooker's earliest Detroit recordings, kicking off with "Rocks," tracked on June 12, 1948, in a little studio behind Elmer Barbee's record shop on Lafayette Street. Most of the sides here were recorded by Bernie Besman at United Sound Studios in Detroit and were leased to Modern Records in Los Angeles, although Besman did release some of them on his own Sensation Records. Hooker's first official single, "Sally Mae" b/w "Boogie Chillen," went to the top spot on the R&B charts in 1948 on the strength of its B-side, which became Hooker's signature tune. Most of the tracks here are archival in interest, drawn from scratchy-sounding 78s, and it is primarily collectors who will be interested in this first installment in Body & Soul's grand undertaking. ~Review by Steve Leggett

Thanks to Marc (fr)
CD 1: Detroit 1951-1953
CD 2: Detroit 1951-1953

No comments: