Time: 56:58
File: MP3 @ 320K/s
Released: 2014
Styles: Modern Electric Blues, Harmonica Blues, Rockin' Blues
Art: Front
01. House Afire (4:12)
02. Mr. Blues (4:20)
03. She's More Woman (3:40)
04. Don Chu Look (3:32)
05. No Fun Baby (3:32)
06. Blues At 3Am (4:24)
07. Lord Made An Angel (5:45)
08. Silver Ray (5:34)
09. Oowee Baby (3:54)
10. Blues Cha Cha (3:26)
11. Band Is Tight Tonite (3:53)
12. Big Jim (Feat. Les McCann) (4:38)
13. Mr. Blues-4Am Version (6:02)
Michel Rubini (born December 3, 1942 in Los Angeles, California, United States) is an American musician and composer, best known for his work composing motion picture soundtracks. He is a professional classical pianist since early childhood. During the 1960s and 1970s, Rubini worked on tours, with such stars as Ray Charles, Frank Zappa, Sonny and Cher and Barbra Streisand.
I started playing rock and rhythm and blues about age 13 and jazz at about age 15. They've been the major force of my life ever since.
Although I played in a lot of blues bands throughout my life, I never had made a blues CD of my own, and it was just way long overdue.
So I called up 5 of my favorite blues/rock players, got 6 of my favorite blues/gospel singers from the CME Community Choir, went into the studio and blew it out for 4 days. All live, no overdubs, album finished.
12 original songs written by me and 1 song 'Big Jim' written by Les McCann who, incidentally, is playing piano on that very track. Thank you for coming on down and jamming with us Mr. McCann!!!
I started playing rock and rhythm and blues about age 13 and jazz at about age 15. They've been the major force of my life ever since.
Although I played in a lot of blues bands throughout my life, I never had made a blues CD of my own, and it was just way long overdue.
So I called up 5 of my favorite blues/rock players, got 6 of my favorite blues/gospel singers from the CME Community Choir, went into the studio and blew it out for 4 days. All live, no overdubs, album finished.
12 original songs written by me and 1 song 'Big Jim' written by Les McCann who, incidentally, is playing piano on that very track. Thank you for coming on down and jamming with us Mr. McCann!!!
Band Is Tight Tonite

11 comments:
Thanks for the posts, very fine! But the link is wrong, it leads to Al Basile, not to Michel Rubini. Can you please repost it correctly? Thank you! T.G.
http://www73.zippyshare.com/v/61085112/file.html
Right link on post. Enjoy it TG, it's a nice album.
Thanks kamane!:)
GREAT album !!! Get it !!
GREAT album !!! Get it !!
Thanks for your comments Mr. Kempen.
Usually only comments I have are from Ms/Mrs Bcat "Zippy please" and this ones will be harder to get in future. After all this time, I know a bit of her musical taste, lol.
Although I like to have comments in my posts, they are not a must for me. In the other way, your comments are very important for people that don't know the artist but after read whatever you have to say, will decide or not to try it.
Myself, I measure the success of my posts by the number of views/downloads of each post. And, for your information, with some rare exceptions, are the blues rock posts. Got you, lol.
You know me all too well (blush)!
:)
Well,I'll put in a comment too then.
Agree completely,this is a great album... and i mean this :) Thanks
Thanks BB
A very nice album indeed! Really enjoyed listening to it and hope to find more by this guy/band. Thanks a lot to Kamane for the post. Greetings, MrWalker
Post a Comment