Friday, May 26, 2017

Theodis Ealey - Raw

Size: 140,5 MB
Time: 60:46
File: MP3 @ 320K/s
Released: 1998
Styles: Modern Electric Blues
Art: Full

01. Meet Me In The Morning (4:32)
02. What Poor Theo Gonna Do With Myself (4:58)
03. Stagger Lee (3:55)
04. Funny How Time Slips Away (6:56)
05. 453-Blue (4:34)
06. I've Got The Blues (2:12)
07. You're Killin' My Love (4:26)
08. All My Baby Left Me Was A Note, My Guitar, And A Cookie Jar (6:55)
09. Walkin' Blues (3:31)
10. Since I Met You Baby (6:50)
11. Got To Ya Baby (4:39)
12. A Song For My Daughter (3:09)
13. Funny How Time Slips Away (Single Edit) (4:05)

Ealey gets back to basics on the aptly titled Raw, after the disappointing R&B-oriented experiment that was Stuck Between Rhythm & Blues. Raw is a satisfying slab of unpretentious electric blues with some nice guitar work. Ealey's not a fantastic vocalist, but he is a good one, and his singing complements his playing nicely, especially on "Walkin' Blues." There are quite a few covers on this album, which Ealey performs with a kind of low-key energy that suits them perfectly: Bob Dylan's "Meet Me in the Morning," Willie Nelson's "Funny How Time Slips Away," and Ivory Joe Hunter's "Since I Met You Baby." "I've Got the Blues" proves that Ealey can write a traditional blues tune, and the folk-like "A Song for My Daughter" is a pleasant surprise. Highly recommended. ~Genevieve Williams

Raw

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genevieve Williams is right, this Raw is indeed a recommended record.
Thanks for sharing, Red Rooster!

Blues regards
Retu

Red Rooster said...

@Retu .. I'm not the one to thank for this post, credits should go to Bluestender. :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my mistake ;)
My friends are calling me "A Man Who Can Not Read Or At Least Not Understand His Reading"
Thanks for posting to Bluestender !

Blues regards
Retu