Saturday, October 27, 2018

Chris Youlden - Closing Time

Size: 129,4 MB
Time: 55:54
File: MP3 @ 320K/s
Released: 2018
Styles: Electric Blues, Blues Rock
Art: Front

01. Sugar Coated Love (3:09)
02. Number Nine Train (3:04)
03. I Wanna Stay Alive (3:47)
04. Trickbag (3:51)
05. Fool's Paradise (3:27)
06. Tell Me What You're Gonna Do (2:06)
07. Don't Let Me Be Lonely Tonight (2:57)
08. Nervous Breakdown (2:39)
09. Roll With My Baby (2:29)
10. I Ain't Got You (2:23)
11. In The Middle Of The Night (2:33)
12. Come On (3:07)
13. How Deep Is The Well (2:29)
14. Let's Talk About Us (2:02)
15. Sweet Love On My Mind (2:29)
16. Roll With My Baby (1991 Recording) (2:32)
17. Sugar Coated Love (1991 Recording) (3:23)
18. I Wanna Stay Alive (1991 Recording) (3:38)
19. It's Better To Have (And Don’t Need) (Bonus Track) (3:39)

Youlden's unique blues vocals contributed hugely to Savoy Brown's most successful albums and international recognition but, he has rarely performed again after leaving them over 40 years ago. Luckily, these eighteen superb previously unreleased analogue studio recordings with friends have survived to illustrate his greatness. They clearly had enough of a grape-like bloom at the time to merit being picked and preserved for later enjoyment. Savour the vintage.

In 2011, the late, great guitarist Martin Stone contacted Chris Youlden and other members of his old blues band wanting to assemble a group for the 40th Glastonbury Festival. Having performed with Mighty Baby at the very first Glastonbury Fayre, Martin had been invited to provide the opening act of the anniversary. So, The Old Tossers gathered for the last time and duly took to the "Spirit of '71" stage on Thursday 23rd June 2011. During the course of the reunion, memories were revived about a couple of "lost" Chris Youlden recording sessions with the band (without Stone) from 1987 and 1991. The tapes had been preserved in excellent condition and upon listening were deemed eminently worthy of release.

Closing Time MP3
Closing Time FLAC

7 comments:

Nappyrags said...

Bluestender mucho thanks for the Youlden...One of my fondest memories was seeing Savoy at the Whiskey in Hollywood fronted by Chris...amazing

Steve626 said...

Bluestender:

Thanks for posting this - I alway thought Chris was one of the best British blues singers and am glad to hear this.

Tinman said...

As British blues singers/songwriters go, Chris was way up there among the best. I've heard that he couldn't tolerate Kim Simmonds long solos with nothing to do on stage. That is too bad for us fans of Savoy Brown. While Kim has gone ahead with his career and music, spinning off Foghat not long after the great Raw Sienna album, but I think it's been a slow decline for all involved. "Lonesome Dave" Peverett has passed away, Foghat (drummer Roger Earl & master bassist Tone Stevens) is now playing small venues. Savoy Brown was never the stadium-filling band like Cream, Queen, or Led Zeppelin, but they always seemed close. I'd love to see them regroup now that all involved are older and hopefully wiser. To Bluestender: Thanks for the upload, especially FLAC files!

daba said...

May I get this reupped please when time allows? @320 is fine for me. ๐Ÿค™๐Ÿ’™๐ŸŽผ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Pheebster said...

Hi, daba. I'll post this and Second Sight for you, but I'm away from home for a while. If anyone else can help, please feel free

Red Rooster said...

New links for this post can be found below.

Chris Youlden & The Slammers - Closing Time (2018) [320]
MC: https://www.mirrored.to/files/0DPEOX8C/CY_TS-CT.rar_links
GoFile: https://gofile.io/d/Gklddw

daba said...

Thanks Rooster! ๐Ÿค™๐Ÿ’™๐ŸŽผ๐Ÿ˜Ž