Time: 62:19+58:29
File: MP3 @ 320K/s
Released: 2020
Styles: Acoustic/Electric Blues
Art: Front
CD 1:
01. Bad Luck (2:58)
02. Rock Me Mama (2:44)
03. New Orleans Bound (2:46)
04. I Can't Live Happy (3:00)
05. Bugger Bugger Boy (2:04)
06. Ethel Mae (3:14)
07. She's Gone (Schoolboy Cleve) (2:10)
08. Strange Letter Blues (Schoolboy Cleve) (2:44)
09. Bad Feeling Blues (2:57)
10. Lightnin' Slim Boogie (2:34)
11. I Can't Be Successful (3:00)
12. Lightnin' Blues (2:55)
13. Sugar Plum (2:46)
14. Just Made Twenty One (2:09)
15. Goin' Home (2:39)
16. Wondering And Goin' (2:52)
17. Bad Luck And Trouble (2:54)
18. Have Your Way (2:38)
19. Mean Ole Lonesome Train (3:10)
20. I'm Grown (2:48)
21. I'm A Rollin' Stone (2:23)
22. Love Me Mama (2:27)
23. Hoodoo Blues (2:18)
CD 2:
01. It's Mighty Crazy (2:35)
02. My Starter Won't Work (2:49)
03. Long Leanie Mama (2:07)
04. I'm Leavin' You Baby (2:26)
05. Feelin' Awful Blue (2:56)
06. Sweet Little Woman (2:13)
07. Lightnin's Troubles (2:41)
08. Rooster Blues (2:31)
09. "G.I." Slim (2:26)
10. Tom Cat Blues (2:42)
11. Bed Bug Blues (2:33)
12. Too Close Blues (1:56)
13. My Little Angel Chile (2:41)
14. Cool Down Baby (2:12)
15. Nothing But The Devil (2:57)
16. I Just Don't Know (2:12)
17. Somebody Knockin' (3:05)
18. I'm Tired Waiting Baby (2:45)
19. Hello Mary Lee (2:41)
20. Mind Your Own Business (2:18)
21. You're Old Enough To Understand (2:45)
22. I'm Warning You Baby (2:07)
23. Winter Time Blues (2:40)
Guitarist, singer and songwriter Lightnin Slim (real name Otis Hicks) was born in Louisiana in 1913 and was a pioneer and first prominent exponent of the Swamp Blues style. He came to recording relatively late in life, doing his first sessions in his early 40s and recording his best-known work during the late 1950s and early 60s, before retreating from the business until being re-discovered and brought back to performing in the early 1970s. His music became a significant influence on British artists during the 60s blues boom. Swamp blues, focused in the clubs of Baton Rouge, is a laid-back but highly rhythmic blues style, influenced by Cajun music, and which the book Music USA: A Rough Guide states is characterised by eerie echo, shuffle beats, tremolo guitars, searing harmonica and sparse percussion. This great-value 46-track 2-CD set comprises all the titles which Lightnin Slim recorded for the Feature, Ace and Excello labels during these years, including the only R&B chart hit of his career Rooster Blues. He is accompanied on these recordings by a variety of other Louisiana musicians, most notably the harmonica player Lazy Lester. This collection offers an entertaining insight into the music of a highly individual artist as well as a distinctive strand of regional blues.
The Complete Singles As & Bs 1954-62

1 comment:
Thanks for this one-really nice to have the singles in one spot !
Post a Comment