Time: 33:07
File: MP3 @ 320K/s
Released: 1977/2000
Styles: Rock, Blues Rock
Art: Full
01. What A Town (3:26)
02. Brainwash (2:42)
03. New Mexico (4:04)
04. Tired Of Waiting (2:20)
05. Sip The Wine (4:52)
06. Java Blues (3:28)
07. Sweet Romance (3:24)
08. Small Town Talk (2:58)
09. Shake It (3:05)
10. Once Upon A Time (2:43)
Ex-Band bassist Rick Danko embarks on his solo career with middling results. Danko props up his thin voice with plenty of harmonies and a punchy horn section. "Java Blues" and "Small Town Talk" recall the humor and funkiness of The Band, while "Sweet Romance" reveals Danko's tender side. Unfortunately, over the course of 30 minutes, the material wears thin. ~J.P. Ollio
Rick Danko MP3
Rick Danko FLAC

6 comments:
My man!!!! Many thanks, BT!!!!
This album is far better than the review suggests.
It really is, Andrew. I bought it when it was initially released and loved it. Lost the vinyl and was never able to replace it till now. I think part of the harsh criticism is attributed to the fact that this was the first solo release by a former member of The Band, so it was being unfairly compared to the group's body of work. I was fortunate enough to see Danko live when he was touring in support of the album (he was the opener on a natiowide tour by an act that I don't remember, which says something). I recall athat he sounded great and only played one song from The Band's catalogue (chilling rendition of It Makes No Difference) and also a great song for his voice, made popular by Johnny Nash, I Can See Clearly Now.
Thanks again, BT for bringing such fond memories back for me.
May I get this reupped when time allows please? :)
Sorry Daba, personally I can't help you with tis one since I dont' have it. Think Bluestender might be able to help you out whenever he sees this and can find the time. Just thought I'd let you know.
Forgot to say I did not need it anymore Rooster. thebird u/led it in the basement in Flac. :)
Post a Comment