Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Carey BELL - Last Night / Blues Harp

Album: Last Night
Styles: Modern Electric Chicago Blues, Harmonica Blues  
Recorded: 1973
Released: 1992
Bitrate: 320k/s
Size: 86.24 MB
Time: 37:01
Art: Full

1. Last Night (3:39)
2. Talking You Downtown (3:03)
3. Rosa, I Love Your Soul (3:33)
4. I'm Worried (3:29)
5. Cho' Cho' Blues (2:39)
6. Tomorrow Night (2:25)
7. She's 19 Years Old (2:45)
8. Leaving In The Morning (2:25)
9. Love Pretty Women (3:23)
10. Mean Mistreater (4:20)
11. Freda (2:22)
12. I Want To See You Tomorrow Night (2:58)

Personnel: Carey BELL - Harmonica, vocals
Eddie Taylor - Guitar
Pinetop Perkins - Piano
Dave Myers - Bass
Willie 'Big Eyes' Smith - Drums

Notes: Nothing flashy or outrageous here, just a meat-and-potatoes session produced by Al Smith that satisfyingly showcases Bell's charms. Once again, there are hearty tributes to Little Walter ("Last Night") and Muddy Waters ("She's 19 Years Old"), but there's some original stuff too, backed by a combo that boasted a daunting collective experience level: Taylor and Perkins return, along with bassist David Myers and drummer Willie "Big Eyes" Smith. Originally issued on LP in 1973 by label BluesWay this is his good album.

                                                                    Last Night
___________________________________________________________________

Album: Blues Harp
Styles: Modern Electric Chicago Blues, Harmonica Blues
Recorded: 1969
Released: 1996
Bitrate: 320k/s
Size: 129.31 MB
Time: 57:02
Art: Full

1. I'm Ready (3:09)
2. I Got To Find Somebody (4:20)
3. I Wanna Will My Love To You (3:40)
4. Blue Monday At Kansas City Red's (4:03)
5. I'm Gonna Buy Me A Train Ticket (3:47)
6. Come On Over Here (3:09)
7. I Cry So Much (4:47)
8. Sad Dreams (4:47)
9. Everything's Up Tight (4:05)
10. You Know It Ain't Right (3:45)
11. Last Night (4:34)
12. Rocking With A Chromatic (3:22)
13. I'm Gonna Buy Me A Train Ticket - alt. (2:29)
14. Walking In The Park (2:54)
15. Carey Bell's Blues Harp (4:10)

Personnel: Carey BELL - Harmonica, Vocals
Jimmy Dawkins, Eddie Taylor, Royal Johnson - Guitar
Pinetop Perkins - Piano
Joe Harper - Bass
W. Williams, Sidney Thomas - Drums

Note: His place on the honor roll of Chicago blues harpists long ago assured. Carey Bell truly came into his own in the '90s as a bandleader with terrific discs for Alligator and Blind Pig. He learned his distinctive harmonica riffs from the Windy City's very best, adding his own signature effects for good measure (an otherworldly moan immediately identifies many of his more memorable harp rides). Bell is an intermittendly effective vocalist but his harmonica playing lacks adventure and inspiration. His wielding of the chromatic instrument is ponderous and timid. The material chosen relies heavily on Little Walter and Jr.Wells but these flaccid, overlong performances lack the tension and invention of the originals.
                                                       
                                                                   Blues Harp
___________________________________________________________________

3 comments:

Checo said...

please can re up the album " Last Night" Thank You In advance

daba said...

@Checo New Link.🤙💙🎼😎
Bell, Carey - 1973 Last Night FLAC:
https://mega.nz/file/TE003A4a#ATFKHBUxaTwHt7syNw_VmjzEo17TTYFbQ-4qju1bY2M

Checo said...

Thank You daba