Thursday, December 26, 2013

Bobby Rush - Down In Louisiana

Released: 2013
Size: 112.2 MB
Time: 48:38
File: MP3 @ 320K/s
Styles: Delta Blues / Funk
Art: Front

1. Down in Louisiana [4:00]
2. You Just Like a Dresser [3:50]
3. I Ain't the One [3:36]
4. Tight Money [4:44]
5. Don't You Cry [6:03]
6. Boogie in the Dark [3:39]
7. Raining in My Heart [4:23]
8. Rock This House [3:38]
9. What Is the Blues [5:14]
10. Bowlegged Woman [4:00]
11. Swing Low [5:28]

2013 album from the Blues legend, a stripped set that will remind listeners of the original sound of the Delta Blues. Says Bobby Rush: "This album started in the swamps and the juke joints, where my music started, and it's also a brand new thing. Fifty years ago I put Funk together with down-home Blues to create my own style. Now, with Down in Louisiana, I've done the same thing with Cajun, Reggae, Pop, Rock and Blues, and it all sounds only like Bobby Rush.. .But no matter how much I cross over, whether it's to a larger white audience or to college listeners or fans of Americana, I'll never cross out who I am and where I've come from, my music's always gonna be funky and honest, and it's always gonna sound like Bobby Rush." Produced by Paul Brown, who is also Rush's keyboard player, the album was recorded at Ocean Soul Studios.

Down In Louisiana

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Additional Info:

Bobby Rush has been cranking out albums cut from the same cloth for so long that it's fair to ask what's the difference with 2013's Down in Louisiana. As it turns out, the answer is plenty. Departing from his signature slicked-back soul-blues, Rush strips his band down to the basics -- guitar, bass, drums, keyboard, accentuated with a little accordion on occasion -- abandoning the horns and getting down and dirty, a shift that's evident even on his standard glad-handing charmers like "I Ain't the One." Too often, that glossy veneer and showboating obscured Rush's considerable skills as a guitarist and vocalist, so the switch on Down in Louisiana does him some considerable favors. Down in Louisiana packs a gut-level punch that feels even more bracing after years, even decades, of glossy grooves, so this is a sheer sonic pleasure, but what makes the record really work is that Rush doesn't abandon his signatures. He still can't resist a dirty joke ("Bowlegged Woman"), he still grinds out funky vamps like "Rock This House" -- he's not digging deep, he's still all about having a very, very good time. Thing of it is, by getting a little dirt underneath his fingernails, he's wound up with a record that will not only please his legions of fans, but an album that will convince doubters that this 77-year-old bluesman is something of a modern-day blues legend. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine

Recording information: Ocean Soul Studios, Nashville, TN.

Bobby Rush (vocals, guitar, harp); Paul Brown (vocals, piano, Fender Rhodes piano, Hammond b-3 organ, Wurlitzer organ); Lou Rodriguez (guitar); Pete Mendillo (drums, percussion); April Brown (background vocals).

Anonymous said...

"Don`t You Cry" and "Tight Money" seem to be tagged wrong.

4 is 5 and 5 is 4 in my opinion.
Please tell me, if i am wrong.

nevertheless a good piece of music ;)

xmas greetings

GG

kamane said...

You not wrong at all GG. Funny thing is that all music sites that I checked are wrong too.

Post tracklist updated and there's a new link with the right alignment.

PS: Tonka asked me to verify this, at the moment he can't.

Unknown said...

@ kamane: well,Tonka asked me to verify too,but you can change link immediately in his post,when it's done,all the better..

Anonymous said...

the reason why all sides are wrong @kamane, BB and Tonka is, that for some reason the mp3 tags are wrong. Thats, where all the trouble comes from i think. I fixed that in my winamp player myself, anybody else has still wrong information while playing the two songs, even with Your fixed DL.

My English is not best, but good enough to understand the lyrics and so i think i am not wrong and Tight money is a song I like and what i read in title information in the player is dont you cry, sry for not to be able to have explained it better.

I had a look to allmusic to check it...same mistake...Unfortunately I didnt find a backside artwork of the CD to find the correct listing of the songs, but clear for me is at least, the two songs are puzzled by mp3 Tagging.

Sry for causing that trouble
Love Your Blog

GG

Unknown said...

@ GG : I downloaded the link and saw that the tracknumbers and titles of 4 and 5 were still switched. Fixed now,try this link.
http://mir.cr/UMBEQR2T
It's no trouble,thanks for alerting us

@ Tonka: I added the additional info that I had put in the comments in your info file :)
Greetings
BB

Anonymous said...

Tried new Link and now its perfect!

Thank You very much also in the name of all who dl that here after the fix. I think, actually Your Blog is the only which has the correct dl *g*

regards

GG

Anonymous said...

Nappyrags here...thanks to all for "The Fix"....

Tonka said...

PHEWWWWWWW ! Thanks so much guys for sorting this, i must apoligize, but it dosn`t look like entirely my fault lol.. I did ask both BB and kamane if they would fix for me as i`m out of town at the moment. I was sure one of them would help and i really appreciate it.. HUGEEE HAPPY NEW YEAR to you both, and of course to all our friends and supporters. Kia Ora guys :)

bcat said...

Aby chance for a Zippy of this? Thank-you!

Unknown said...

@bcat : http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/25983068/file.html

PS: @Tonka:put my fixed link in your post :) http://mir.cr/UMBEQR2T

bcat said...

Thanks again, BB. Have seen Bobby Rush at a few festivals. He sure puts on a very fun show......nothing quite like it!