Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Billy Boy Arnold - 2 albums: Checkin' It Out / Crying And Pleading

Album: Checkin' It Out
Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 47:27
Size: 110.8 MB
Styles: Chicago blues
Year: 1977/2012
Art: Front

[6:54] 1. Dirty Mother Fucker
[3:16] 2. Don't Stay Out All Night
[3:54] 3. 1 2 99
[3:45] 4. Catfish Blues
[6:15] 5. Blue And Lonesome
[3:12] 6. I Wish You Would
[3:15] 7. Just A Dream
[2:46] 8. Riding The El
[3:31] 9. Ah'w Baby
[4:09] 10. Sweet Miss Bea
[2:03] 11. Eldorado Cadillac
[4:22] 12. Mary Bernice

Checkin' It Out mc
Checkin' It Out zippy

Album: Crying And Pleading
Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 30:42
Size: 70.4 MB
Styles: Harmonica blues, Chicago blues
Year: 1957/1980
Art: Front

[2:42] 1. I Wish You Would
[2:51] 2. I Was Fooled
[2:51] 3. Don't Stay Out All Night
[2:16] 4. I Ain't Got You
[2:12] 5. Here's My Picture
[2:40] 6. You've Got Me Wrong
[2:11] 7. My Heart Is Crying
[2:19] 8. Kissing At Midnight
[2:51] 9. Prisoner's Plea
[2:37] 10. No, No, No, No, No
[2:28] 11. Everyday, Every Night
[2:39] 12. Rockinitis

This collection of Arnold's complete Vee Jay output is mid-'50s Chicago blues at its best. Includes "I Wish You Would," "I Was Fooled," "Rockinitis" and the original "I Ain't Got You," later covered by The Yardbirds. ~Cub Koda

Crying And Pleading mc
Crying And Pleading zippy

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanx!

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Congratulations... blog excellent.

BluesUrbano said...

Thanks. The Zip of "Checkin' It Out" includes 12 songs, but the back cover lists 15. Does somebody have the remaining 3 songs? TIA.

Ramirez said...

@BluesUrbano: the original Checkin it Out from 1978 has 12 tracks; I posted the 2013 reissue Chicago Blues from Islington Mews with the 3 bonus tracks;

Espanadadude said...

Can you re up this please? Thank you!

Red Rooster said...

New links for this post (both albums) can be found below. Note: the links for "Checkin' It Out" is for the remastered version with 3 bonus tracks.

Billy Boy Arnold - Checkin' It Out (1979) [320]
MC: https://www.mirrored.to/files/1UGZEP1F/BBA-CIO.rar_links
Zippy: https://www21.zippyshare.com/v/JC8zPC2n/file.html

Billy Boy Arnold - Crying And Pleading (1957) [320]
MC: https://www.mirrored.to/files/YLJS8FYL/BBA-CAP.rar_links
Zippy: https://www29.zippyshare.com/v/3gHqZSSH/file.html