Sunday, September 17, 2017

Chris Ruest, Gene Taylor - It's Too Late Now

Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 42:13
Size: 96.6 MB
Styles: R&B, Electric blues
Year: 2017
Art: Front

[3:20] 1. Crazy Mixed Up World
[3:38] 2. Mr. Police Man
[3:25] 3. It's Too Late Now
[3:22] 4. That Will Never Do
[3:05] 5. Torpedo Boogie
[3:30] 6. Keep Talking
[3:55] 7. Sad And Lonely Child
[3:04] 8. Date Bait
[4:24] 9. Life Is Like A Lightning
[3:30] 10. I Tried
[3:55] 11. I'm Down
[3:00] 12. Slipping Away

A veteran with nearly two decades’ experience on the bandstand, Chris Ruest’s passion for classic blues and roots rock forms comes through in an original voice that combines immediacy and authenticity.

Having lost both his parents and brother by the age of 15, Gene Taylor was firmly committed to the life of a musician. After obtaining his driver's license at age 16---and looking much older, thanks to an already-receding hairline---he started finding local work with such L.A.-based blues legends as Big Joe Turner, T-Bone Walker, Lowell Fulson, and Pee-Wee Crayton. In his own words, "Well, I was playing good boogie-woogie and pretty fair blues at this point, and going to blues jams with my fake ID (identification). The word got out that I wanted to work! Since I was young and would work cheap, I was hired by these guys sometimes as a 'fill-in' on local gigs for the older piano players who weren't available or wanted too much money!" (laughter) "But I was a quick learner and I had a car---all the better to drive the older guys around!" (more laughter) This experience was invaluable to Gene's musical foundation.

It's Too Late Now

No comments: