Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Big Maceo - I Got The Blues

Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 47:54
Size: 109.7 MB
Styles: Piano blues
Year: 2011
Art: Front

[2:53] 1. Worried Life Blues
[3:13] 2. Can`t You Read
[2:50] 3. Since You Been Gone
[2:46] 4. So Long Baby
[3:09] 5. Why Should I Hang Around
[2:54] 6. Anytime For You
[3:03] 7. Tuff Luck Blues
[2:48] 8. Some Sweet Day
[2:53] 9. Texas Blues
[3:17] 10. Poor Kelly Blues
[2:56] 11. County Jail Blues
[2:49] 12. I Got The Blues
[3:01] 13. My Last Go Around
[3:10] 14. It`s All Up To You
[3:09] 15. Ramblin' Mind Blues
[2:55] 16. Bye, Bye Baby

b. Major Meriweather, 31 March 1905, Atlanta, Georgia, USA, d. 26 February 1953, Chicago, Illinois, USA. Big Maceo learned piano while living in a suburb of Atlanta in his early teens. In 1924 he moved to Detroit where he made his name on the local blues scene. In the early 40s, he made a series of classic recordings with the Chicago guitarist Tampa Red. Maceo's piano lends a distinctive toughness and weight to Tampa's records, while the guitarist complements the other's superb sides with his supple and beautifully expressive slide lines. Maceo's "Worried Life" was a big hit, and has become one of the most covered of all blues songs, while most of the other tracks he recorded for the Bluebird/Victor company are of equal quality. These ranged from the plaintive "Poor Kelly Blues" to powerful instrumental pieces such as "Chicago Breakdown". After a stroke in 1946, his later records failed to recapture the glories of his earlier work.

I Got The Blues mc
I Got The Blues zippy

No comments: