Thursday, September 16, 2021

Tony Holiday - Porch Sessions Vol. 2

Album: Porch Sessions Vol. 2
Size: 140,9 MB
Time: 60:46
File: MP3 @ 320K/s
Released: 2021
Styles: Blues
Art: Full

1. She's Tuff (Feat. Victor Wainwright) (4:14)
2. Honey Bee (Feat. Willie Buck) (3:20)
3. Change Is Inevitable (Feat. AJ Fullerton) (2:50)
4. Recipe For Love (Feat. Bobby Rush) (4:44)
5. Smokestack Lightnin' (Feat. Watermelon Slim) (4:36)
6. Going To Court 2 (Feat. James Harman) (6:23)
7. Go (Feat. Jon Lawton) (3:19)
8. Every Day I Have The Blues (Feat. Lurrie Bell) (2:37)
9. Brazilian Brothel (Feat. Richard 'Rip Lee' Pryor) (3:26)
10. Bad Bad Girl (Feat. Johnny Burgin) (3:24)
11. Find Me When The Sun Goes Down (Feat. Rae Gordon) (3:52)
12. That's How I Learned (Feat. Ben Rice) (5:56)
13. Cake Walk (Feat. Mark Hummel & Dennis Gruenling) (3:16)
14. Family Tree (Feat. JD Taylor) (3:54)
15. Peace Will Come (Feat. Southern Avenue) (3:03)
16. Get Outta Here (Dog Named Bo) (Feat. Bobby Rush) (1:43)

Here we find Holiday continuing to stakeout his turf as the master of the off the clock recording. Basically a collection of ‘field' recordings that are loose jams recorded in ad hoc settings with everyone from superstars to journeymen to background cats any blues fan should get to know better, the sound quality may be uneven but the performances are uniquely one of a kind and uniformly hot. It all feels like that twilight zone spot where Alan Lomax meets Leonard Chess. This is the smoking kind of set that gets you thinking about a pilgrimage to the crossroads.

(For personnel details, see artwork included.)

Porch Sessions Vol. 2 mc
Porch Sessions Vol. 2 zippy

12 comments:

frankie said...

Review nailed it excellent disc thank you for this RR 😊

daba said...

Thanks Rooster! :)

Bluestender said...

FLAC link with covers:

https://www.mirrored.to/files/AJQRAAYB/TonyHolidaySessionsVol2LL2021.rar_links

Red Rooster said...

You're most welcome Frankie and Daba, glad you enjoyed the post. Thanks for your comments, they are appreciated.

Albert said...

Will you please re-post this album in flac....Many Many thanks....

Red Rooster said...

@Albert.. this album wasn't posted in flac in the first place and I only have the mp3 version. Unless you're happy with the mp3 files (which I can help you with), maybe Bluestender can help you with new links for his flac copy.

Albert said...

@Red Rooster, I will be grateful to have this album in MP3, thank you

Red Rooster said...

@Albert.. I will update the links for you tomorrow. It's really late her now and I need to get me some sleep. The post will have new links tomorrow evening, just keep your eyes open.

daba said...

New Link From Here.
Holiday, Tony - 2021 Porch Sessions Vol. 2 320.7z
https://www81.zippyshare.com/v/6xqIQeJQ/file.html

Albert said...

@Daba, thank you so much Daba...Once again....

Red Rooster said...

As promised the original links for this post is now updated even though Daba already did send a new link. Didn't see that until it was too late, but thank you Daba for helping out. And I guess two sets of links can't hurt. :)

Albert said...

@ Red Rooster, thank you so much Red Rooster !!!