Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Rolling Stones - Blue and Lonesome

Size: 97,8 MB - 298 MB
Time: 42:42
File: MP3 @ 320K/s - Flac
Released: 2016
Styles: Blues, rock
Art: Complete

1. Just Your Fool (2:16)
2. Commit A Crime (3:38)
3. Blue And Lonesome (3:07)
4. All Of Your Love (4:46)
5. I Gotta Go (3:26)
6. Everybody Knows About My Good Thing (4:30)
7. Ride 'Em On Down (2:49)
8. Hate To See You Go (3:20)
9. Hoo Doo Blues (2:36)
10. Little Rain (3:32)
11. Just Like I Treat You (3:24)
12. I Can't Quit You Baby (5:13)

On Blue & Lonesome, the four tough guys do something they should have done a long time ago: go back to their early days, when they played blues classics in bars. On the day that Mick Jagger and Keith Richards first met, the blues records they were carrying made the first click. Nearly sixty years later, they reunite in their love of the Chicago blues of Little Walter, Howlin' Wolf, Ella Johnson, Jimmy Reed, Memphis Slim and Willie Dixon, in a series of songs of which only I Can't Quit You Baby can be counted among the well-known canon. Mick Jagger on vocals, but especially on harmonica, Keith Richards and Ron Wood in constant duel and Charlie Watts loose and jazzy. And in two songs help from boyfriend Eric Clapton, who comes to visit. Just a band that plays blues classics, as if they've never done anything else. Thanks to a few tricks (singing through the guitar amplifier, or rather the app you have for that nowadays) they sound vital as in their younger years. Three days in the studio, that's all they needed to record the twelve songs. And suddenly there they are again: the filthy Stones of Route 66, Little Red Rooster and Midnight Rambler: now in Hate To See You Go, All Of Your Love, Everybody Knows About My Good Thing and I Gotta Go. Beautifully forgotten song material, beautifully authentically performed by a bunch of old farts who could have retired a long time ago, but fortunately didn't. I know it's only rock & roll, but I like it.

Blue and Lonesome MP3
Blue and Lonesome FLAC

2 comments:

Babinga said...

Thanks!! I love this damn album!

frankie said...

Happy days Flash. I have this, maybe you care for nostalgia, if so check some history. https://londonist.com/london/features/meet-the-inhabitants-of-eel-pie-island