Time: 60:17
File: MP3 @ 320K/s
Released: 2021-12-10
Styles: Blues, blues-rock
Art: Front
1. I Wanna Play My Blues (4:14)
2. Steady (On My Merry Way) (5:21)
3. Rock and a Hard Place (4:31)
4. Who's Gonna Sing the Blues for You (5:26)
5. Thinking 'Bout You (3:47)
6. Let It Be Me (5:39)
7. Show Soul (4:22)
8. How Long (4:19)
9. I Just Wanna Do My Thing (3:35)
10. Right Now (4:45)
11. All Your Hurtin' (3:47)
12. Talkin' About Them Blues (6:56)
13. Lord Give Me a Sign (3:28)
25 years. A voice as straight and serene as that of an established blues warrior. Self-written songs that carry you away and touch, written from everyday life, played and sung with the casualness and passion of a musician who HAS to go on stage. Someone who scrubs and grinds the guitar until it howls. And someone who knew very early on: This is what I want, what I feel deep inside, what I have to do!
Lucky Wüthrich comes - like his role model and mentor Philipp Fankhauser - from Thun and was apparently born for the blues. Becoming a musician is more important to him than good grades in school. In January 2010, one month before his fourteenth birthday, he attended a concert by Philipp Fankhauser in the Bierhübeli in Bern, which opened up a new world for him: the world of blues music.
"I still remember my concert in Bierhübeli very well," says Philipp Fankhauser. “A little boy like that matches me up after the performance, asks for an autograph and says he also wants to be a musician. A few weeks later I see Lucky again at the talent competition in Café Mokka in Thun - and it knocks me off my socks: just with his guitar and this warm, honest voice, he fills the whole room within a few seconds, people stand up and bob with and clap. There is no doubt: Lucky is an exceptional talent - and his soul feels the blues!
With his extraordinarily talented fellow musicians, he prefers to play and sing the blues on stage; with style elements from soul, R&B, funk and Americana. A sparkling, thrilling mixture!
Steady MP3
Steady FLAC
1 comment:
This is a cracking album, definitely worth a listen or two.
Post a Comment