Friday, August 16, 2024

Anson Funderburgh & The Rockets Feat. Sam Myers - Tell Me What I Want To Hear

Album: Tell Me What I Want To Hear
Size: 116,8 MB
Time: 50:23
File: MP3 @ 320K/s
Released: 1991
Styles: Blues, harmonica blues
Art: Full

1. Tell Me What I Want To Hear (3:46)
2. Ways Of Man (3:35)
3. I Done Quit Getting Sloppy Drunk (2:30)
4. I Want A Wife (4:18)
5. I'm Innocent (3:26)
6. Shedding Tears Of Laughter (2:44)
7. Rent Man Blues (4:29)
8. I Need You So (3:05)
9. Waitin' On You, Mamma (3:47)
10. It'll Do (3:55)
11. The Amateur (She's Gone) (3:14)
12. Missing Person (3:43)
13. Happy Man (3:03)
14. Down At J.J.'s (4:41)

With Sam Myers as The Rockets dynamic front man – his booming pipes were perfectly complemented by his muscular harp work – Anson Funderburgh embarked on his most bountiful period on wax, issuing one spectacular album after another on the Black Top imprint: Sins (1987), Rack ‘Em Up (1990), Tell Me What I Want To Hear (1991), Live At The Grand Emporium (1995) and That’s What They Want (1997). And you can throw in the ’91 overview Thru The Years: A Retrospective for good measure. Anson also guested on Black Top recordings by Snooks Eaglin, Nappy Brown, Joe Hughes, Grady Gaines and James “Thunderbird” Davis. The band moved to Bullseye Blues in 1999 for Change In My Pocket and Which Way is Texas? in 2003. The Rockets even achieved cinematic immorality by appearing in the nourish 1994 feature China Moon, starring Ed Harris. The film’s soundtrack also featured several of the band’s songs.

The longstanding musical partnership between Anson Funderburgh and Sam Myers brought both international acclaim. For 20 years The Rockets, along with Myers, toured continuously all over the world and went on to win ten Blues Music Awards from the Blues Foundation in Memphis, Tennessee. Myers succumbed to cancer in 2006 and his death came as a crushing blow to Funderburgh. “I don’t even know how to explain it, really,” he says. It just seemed like it was kind of time to rest for a minute.” He took a break from non-stop touring but continued to perform periodically as The Rockets with featured guest singers and harmonica players including James Harman, John Nemeth and the late Lee McBee.

(For personnel details, see artwork included.)

Tell Me What I Want To Hear mc
Tell Me What I Want To Hear gofile

1 comment:

daba said...

Credits:
Bass Guitar – Jim Milan
Drums – Danny Cochran
Guest, Baritone Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Musician [The Kamikaze Horns] – Mark "Kaz" Kazanoff
Guest, Horns – The Kamikaze Horns
Guest, Organ – Bruce Elsensohn
Guest, Tenor Saxophone, Musician [The Kamikaze Horns] – Ernest Youngblood, Saxy Boy
Guest, Trumpet, Musician [The Kamikaze Horns] – Keith Winking
Guitar, Bass Guitar [Six String Bass] – Anson Funderburgh
Musician [The Kamikaze Horns], Soloist [Solos], Saxophone – Mark "Kaz" Kazanoff
Piano – Matt McCabe
Vocals, Harmonica – Sam Myers