Monday, June 23, 2014

Johnny Hoy & The Bluefish - Walk The Plank

Size: 122,1 MB
Time: 52:42
File: MP3 @ 320K/s
Released: 1998
Styles: Modern Electric Blues, Blues Rock
Art: Front

01. Love Dog (3:56)
02. You You You (2:56)
03. A.T. (3:59)
04. Honkytonk Forgiveness (5:12)
05. I'm Tired (4:18)
06. If You Love Me (4:24)
07. P-Man (3:41)
08. Just Another Wheel (4:38)
09. Opelousas Sostan (2:16)
10. Howlin' For My Darling (4:37)
11. Back Where I Belong (3:08)
12. Rooster Walk (4:06)
13. Rocking My Life Away (5:28)

This is one of those bands whose roots are in blues, but they have moved and taken the music in many wonderful new directions. They take the blues base and mix it with country and honky tonk as on "Just Another Wheel," and the band shows they are aware of the prominent influence of southwestern Louisiana with a little Cajun two-stepping in "Opelousas Sostan." One of the main draws of this disc is that the players seem to be enjoying what they do. The solos are kept short and everyone seems to get their chance to step up to the mic and shine. They do shine as their playing and the overall sound is a good step up from the ordinary. ~Review by Bob Gottlieb

Walk The Plank

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent results THANKS Mr Ramirez, you have exceeded my best hopes with the Re-ups that I requested, all thanks to you. I would love this post to be re-upped too, at some time, if you could....most grateful, I never thought to get a chance to hear these CDs - Antone's & Tone-Cool, what magic names, what magic music! Thanks again, Rixboy

Ramirez said...

@Rixboy; glad you enjoy the music! i don't have this one in my collection; maybe another crew member can help us out !?

kamane said...

Hey Rixboy, post has a new link. Enjoy :)

Anonymous said...

Kamane, Mr Ramirez & Red Rooster and ...well the whole crew....YOU GUYS ROCK!!! What a fantastic response to a re-up request from Outback Australia....I thought there could be no hope of ever seeing, never mind getting these 20 yr-old releases, especially in this way-off-the-track place.....It was a wonderful day for me when I found my way to this great blog. Team heygetrhythm you are the best. Thanks! to all. Rixboy