Time: 55:56
Size: 128.1 MB
Styles: Modern electric blues
Year: 2014
Art: Front
[5:18] 1. Blues In My Blood
[4:36] 2. Funky Broadway
[5:32] 3. Nana Jarnell
[3:59] 4. I Pity The Fool
[4:22] 5. Boogie-Woogie Blues Joint Party
[6:56] 6. I'm Still Here
[4:56] 7. The Son Of A Bluesman
[5:24] 8. I Can See Clearly Now
[3:43] 9. Joy
[4:04] 10. You Lucky Dog
[7:01] 11. I'm Still Here (Gospel)
Lucky Peterson calls his new album The Son of a Bluesman — as indeed he is. Lucky is the son of bluesman and (Buffalo nightclub owner) James Peterson.
Counting his first album — Our Future: 5 Year Old Lucky Peterson — The Son of a Bluesman is Lucky's 18th album as a leader. And, as one expects from any Lucky Peterson album nowadays, the newest album is characterized by his lightning-flashing guitar, his earth-rumbling organ, and his gospel-deep voice.
Highlights include covers of hits by Bobby Bland ("I Pity The Fool") and Johnny Nash ("I Can See Clearly Now"). His trip on Wilson Pickett's "Funky Broadway" features a rap — Old School storytelling rap, like Lou Rawls and Ruth Brown. "You Lucky Dog" is a Lucky signature, a rocking instrumental that blows the roof off. And his song "I'm Still Here" is a prayer thanking God for the joy of being enabled to play blues for almost 50 years. ~Michael Bourne
Counting his first album — Our Future: 5 Year Old Lucky Peterson — The Son of a Bluesman is Lucky's 18th album as a leader. And, as one expects from any Lucky Peterson album nowadays, the newest album is characterized by his lightning-flashing guitar, his earth-rumbling organ, and his gospel-deep voice.
Highlights include covers of hits by Bobby Bland ("I Pity The Fool") and Johnny Nash ("I Can See Clearly Now"). His trip on Wilson Pickett's "Funky Broadway" features a rap — Old School storytelling rap, like Lou Rawls and Ruth Brown. "You Lucky Dog" is a Lucky signature, a rocking instrumental that blows the roof off. And his song "I'm Still Here" is a prayer thanking God for the joy of being enabled to play blues for almost 50 years. ~Michael Bourne
mc
zippy

3 comments:
Hi! Is it possible to have this link re-up ?
Many thanks in advance
@Loumy93:
New link for this album:
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/05975b53
Sorry, don't have your other requests.
@Dreumis: Thank you for this quick re-up.
I have not other requests running, Red Rooster post 2 others I was looking for. So, team from HGR is always very kind and efficient !
Have a nice week !
Regards
Post a Comment