Saturday, June 27, 2015

Barbara Dane - On My Way

Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 32:46
Size: 75.0 MB
Styles: Acoustic blues
Year: 1962/2013
Art: Front

[2:30] 1. I'm On My Way
[3:03] 2. This Little Light Of Mine
[3:27] 3. Hurry Up Sundown, Let Tomorrow Come
[2:28] 4. Take It Slow And Easy
[2:08] 5. Draggin' My Heart Around
[3:26] 6. Crazy Blues
[2:16] 7. Goodby Daddy, Goodby
[2:16] 8. Cake Walking Babies From Home
[2:19] 9. Wild Women Don't Have The Blues
[3:25] 10. Good Old Wagon
[3:06] 11. The Hammer Song
[2:17] 12. Mama Don't Allow No Twistin'

When she was in her late 70s, Philip Elwood, jazz critic of the San Francisco Examiner, said of her: "Dane is back and beautiful...she has an immense voice, remarkably well-tuned...capable of exquisite presentations regardless of the material. As a gut-level blues singer she is without compare." Blues writer Lee Hildebrand calls her "...perhaps the finest living interpreter of the classic blues of the 20's." In a 2010 profile on Barbara produced by Steven Short of KALW in San Francisco, Bonnie Raitt said "she’s always been a role model and a hero of mine – musically and politically. I mean, the arc of her life so informs mine that – she’s – I really can’t think of anyone I admire [more], the way that she’s lived her life."

I'm on My Way, with Kenny Whitson, piano/cornet; Wellman Braud, bassist; Billy Strange, guitar; Earl Palmer or Jesse Sailes, drums; and Ray Johnson, Rocco Wilson and the Andrews Gospel Singers from Oakland

On My Way mc
On My Way zippy

4 comments:

Skin said...

re-up, please.

loumy93 said...

Hi! Is it possible to have a new MP3 link for this album ?

Flash said...

@loumy93:

New mp3 link for this album:

https://pixeldrain.com/u/wNHg9XEF

loumy93 said...

@Flash: Many thanks for your help. I love the voice of this artist !