Time: 71:29
Size: 163.7 MB
Styles: R&B/Soul/Blues
Year: 2013
Art: Front
[2:28] 1. Roy Milton - Baby I'm Gone
[2:46] 2. Roy Milton - Cry Some Baby
[2:44] 3. Roy Milton - Fools Are Getting Scarcer
[2:55] 4. Roy Milton - I Can't Go On
[2:06] 5. Roy Milton - You Got Me Reeling And Rocking
[2:37] 6. Roy Milton - Nothing Left
[2:19] 7. Mickey Champion & The Roy Milton Orchestra - Bam-A-Lam
[2:29] 8. Mickey Champion & The Roy Milton Orchestra - I'm A Woman
[2:56] 9. Roy Milton - I Never Would Have Made It
[2:49] 10. Roy Milton - I Want To Go Home
[2:29] 11. Lorenzo Holden - Groovy Boogie
[3:10] 12. Lorenzo Holden - Just Blues
[2:39] 13. Helen Humes - Woojamacooja
[2:38] 14. Helen Humes - All I Ask Is Your Love
[2:12] 15. Helen Humes - Real Fine Daddy
[2:51] 16. Helen Humes - I'll Surrender Anytime
[2:23] 17. Chuck Higgins & His Band - The Itch
[2:30] 18. Chuck Higgins - Looking For My Baby
[2:18] 19. Chuck Higgins - Wet Back Hop
[2:24] 20. Chuck Higgins - Tonky Honk
[2:51] 21. Chuck Higgins - Don't You Know I Love You Baby
[2:05] 22. Chuck Higgins - Hey Dig
[2:05] 23. Chuck Higgins - Here I'm Is
[2:26] 24. Chuck Higgins & His Band - Gamblin' Woman
[2:13] 25. Chuck Higgins - Eye Ballin'
[2:58] 26. Claude Mclin - So Fine
[2:18] 27. Claude Mclin - You're Lookin' Good
[2:36] 28. Joe Houston - Shindig
Think about the Dootone label. Chances are, you'll initially think about the great group records that 'label prexy' - as the trade mags used to say - Dootsie Williams cut and issued (or sometimes didn't issue) in the label's decade-plus of active life. Not too surprising really, especially when you review a roster that, during its life span, included the Penguins, Medallions, Calvanes, Cuff Links and Meadowlarks, and recordings that include such doo wop perennials as Heaven And Paradise, Hey Senorita, Buick '59 and Earth Angel... But to regard these magnificent groups, and their equally magnificent recordings, as the be-all and end-all of Dootone is to do the rest of the label's output a terrible disservice. Dootsie Williams also recorded lots of classy West Coast blues, raucous honkers, cool South Central cocktail grooves and a copious quantity of riotous R&B rockers. And all this without taking into account a vast trench of "Party Records" by the late African-American comic Redd Foxx - which, as the saying goes, is another story...
Stalwart Ace aficionados have been hoping for this set for a long time. I'm happy to tell 'em that the wait was worth it. Dootone R&B is yet another valuable addition to Ace's ongoing documentation and preservation of California-created Rhythm And Blues. Hey Dig this Groovy Boogie from Dootsie's tape booty. It's So Fine, You'd Surrender Anytime. Quit Eye Ballin' and start Shindiggin'... ~ Tony Rounce
Stalwart Ace aficionados have been hoping for this set for a long time. I'm happy to tell 'em that the wait was worth it. Dootone R&B is yet another valuable addition to Ace's ongoing documentation and preservation of California-created Rhythm And Blues. Hey Dig this Groovy Boogie from Dootsie's tape booty. It's So Fine, You'd Surrender Anytime. Quit Eye Ballin' and start Shindiggin'... ~ Tony Rounce
Dootone Rock 'n' Rhythm & Blues mc
Dootone Rock 'n' Rhythm & Blues zippy

2 comments:
Hi, could you re-up this one please?
New links for this post can be found below.
Various Artists - Dootone Rock 'N' Rhythm & Blues (2013) [320]
MC: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/FKW5PXEX/VA-DRNR_B.rar_links
Zippy: http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/K5bkwBdo/file.html
Post a Comment