Thursday, October 19, 2017

Eilen Jewell - 2 albums: Down Hearted Blues / Letters From Sinners & Strangers

Album: Down Hearted Blues
Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 37:36
Size: 86.1 MB
Styles: Electric blues
Year: 2017
Art: Front

[2:58] 1. It's Your Voodoo Working
[2:51] 2. Another Night To Cry
[2:34] 3. You'll Be Mine
[3:38] 4. Down Hearted Blues
[2:59] 5. I'm A Little Mixed Up
[2:44] 6. You Gonna Miss Me
[3:48] 7. Walking With Frankie
[3:02] 8. Nothing In Rambling
[2:32] 9. Don't Leave Poor Me
[2:26] 10. Crazy Mixed Up World
[4:22] 11. You Know My Love
[3:38] 12. The Poor Girls Story

Eilen Jewell laughs when told her label’s president called her a musicologist. But she confirms she and her husband and bandmate, drummer Jason Beek, have a passion for studying American music.

“We really love to uncover the past. It’s almost like digging for buried treasure,” she says. “For me, that’s where music is at. I like all kinds of music as long as there’s the word ‘early’ in front of it.” For her new album, Down Hearted Blues, releasing Sept. 22, 2017 on Signature Sounds, she and Beek unearthed 12 vintage gems written or made famous by an array of artists both renowned and obscure, from Willie Dixon and Memphis Minnie to Charles Sheffield and Betty James. Then, like expert stonecutters, they chiseled them into exciting new shapes and forms, honoring history while breathing new life into each discovery.

Down Hearted Blues

Album: Letters From Sinners & Strangers
Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 37:04
Size: 84.9 MB
Styles: Country blues
Year: 2007
Art: Front

[2:53] 1. Rich Man's World
[2:41] 2. Dusty Boxcar Wall
[3:36] 3. High Shelf Booze
[2:46] 4. Thanks A Lot
[2:39] 5. Heartache Boulevard
[2:27] 6. Too Hot To Sleep
[2:29] 7. Where They Never Say Your Name
[3:04] 8. How Long
[4:30] 9. In The End
[4:06] 10. If You Catch Me Stealing
[3:35] 11. Walking Down The Line
[2:13] 12. Blue Highway

For over a decade, Eilen Jewell has taken her brand of sultry surf-noir and dynamic Americana music to cities from Melbourne to Madrid to Manhattan. Her subtle but powerful musical approach, combined with her warm stage presence and evocative original lyrics, continue to gain her the loyalty of fans worldwide.

Letters From Sinners & Strangers

9 comments:

loumy93 said...

Hi ! Is it possible to have a re-up for 2nd album "Letters From Sinners & Strangers" ?
Many thanks in advance

Red Rooster said...

Sorry Loumy93, personally I can't help you with the album you want since I don't have it and the original poster isn't active at the moment. Hopefully someone else can help you out. If not you can always try asking for it in the Basement.

loumy93 said...

@Red Rooster: No problem, I searched, and found it somewhere else, so consider my request as "no more necessary" Anyway, I thank you for your answer and helping anytime

daba said...

Jewell, Eilen - 2007 Letters From Sinners & Strangers 320.7z
https://www94.zippyshare.com/v/Pu2PoZtU/file.html
Full Art and Discog NMR

loumy93 said...

@daba: Sorry, but meanwhile I found what I was looking for. I think some other people can download this album as it is a really good one !
Best regards and stay safe !

daba said...

@loumy93 No problem. That was my thought also! If you need the Full Art and Discog I could bundle and u/l separately!

Anonymous said...

Gidday to daba! could you please ReUp these two Eilen Jewell albums please? I have just discovered her on "Gypsy" album, she is wonderful! Thanking you in advance, from Rixboy

daba said...

New Link Updated June3, 2021
Jewell, Eilen - 2007 Letters From Sinners & Strangers 320.7z
https://www51.zippyshare.com/v/WIro7oH4/file.html
Sorry Rixboy I do not have the other file.

Anonymous said...

@daba Thank you for your most kind ReUp of Eilen Jewell - 2007 Letters From Sinners & Strangers!! This will make the Weekend most enjoyable and many thanks from Rixboy