Friday, June 29, 2018

Otis Rush - Live In Europe

Year: 1993
Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 64:06
Size: 147,5 MB
Styles: Blues
Scans: Full

1. Cut You Loose (6:09)
2. All Your Love (6:59)
3. You're Breaking My Heart (8:24)
4. I Wonder Why (8:42)
5. Feel So Bad (5:13)
6. Society Woman/Love Is Just A Gamble (7:40)
7. Crosscut Saw (4:58)
8. I Can't Quit You Baby (4:55)
9. I'm Tore Up (5:25)
10. Looking Back (5:37)

Recorded in France back in 1977, this ten-song set finds Otis backed by strong trio support throughout in a delightfully engaged performance. Though several live albums exist on him, seldom has his declamatory vocals and stinging left-handed upside down guitar style been so well documented. Rush puts forth solo after solo, each with its own unique set of twists and turns, making this a veritable textbook of what he does best. Inspired listening and highly recommended. /Cub Koda, AllMusic

Personnel: Otis Rush (guitar, vocals): Bob Lewis (rhythm guitar): Bob Stroger (bass); Jesse Green (drums).

Live In Europe mc
Live In Europe zippy

6 comments:

Tom C said...

Thanks Red Rooster for this & for all you do. As always I appreciate you and this blog.

Red Rooster said...

You're most welcome Tom C, glad you enjoyed the post and that you appreciate what we do. Thanks for your comment.

Fourcade said...

What a great album! As if there were any recording of
Rush which IMO isn't great...
Thx a lot! Cheers Daniel, from Spain...

Red Rooster said...

You're welcome Fourcade/Daniel, glad you enjoyed the post. Thanks for your comment.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this! I'm just getting into Otis Rush after picking up a live CD for $1 in a thrift store. - Stinky

Red Rooster said...

You're most welcome Stinky, glad you enjoyed the post. Thanks for your comment.