Thursday, July 28, 2016

Fruteland Jackson - 2 albums: I Claim Nothiing But The Blues / Blues 2.0

Album: I Claim Nothiing But The Blues
Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 53:14
Size: 121.9 MB
Styles: Contemporary blues
Year: 2000
Art: Front

[4:29] 1. It's A Bad Night To Be A Stray Dog
[3:32] 2. Is That Your Real Name
[5:40] 3. Titanic Blues
[7:13] 4. Where's My Daddy
[3:38] 5. Dragon Lady Blues
[5:25] 6. Pearlie's Blues
[4:22] 7. Mango Bango
[4:43] 8. Java Josephine
[3:10] 9. Can't Be Yo' Man
[4:50] 10. Goin' Down To King Biscuit
[6:07] 11. Alligator Blues

1997 W.C. Handy Award-winning blues artist, along with Keb Mo & Alvin Youngblood Hart, one of the new generation of African American singer/songwriters drawn back to their acoustic Delta roots, playing 11 original songs.

I Claim Nothiing But The Blues mc
I Claim Nothiing But The Blues zippy

Album: Blues 2.0
Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 60:21
Size: 138.2 MB
Styles: Contemporary blues
Year: 2003
Art: Front

[5:23] 1. Blues 2.0
[3:57] 2. My Pencil Don't Write No More
[4:07] 3. Laura Marie
[4:26] 4. Long Distance Love Affair
[5:47] 5. I Wonder
[5:16] 6. Moon Man Rag
[5:09] 7. I Can Still Rock And Roll
[4:50] 8. How Could We Live Without Love
[2:52] 9. Big Road Blues
[5:48] 10. Lucky Lady
[2:56] 11. Sometimes Bad Man Blues
[4:57] 12. Blues On The Banjo
[4:47] 13. The Lonely Traveler

Chicago-based blues vocalist/acoustic guitarist Fruteland Jackson presents his sophomore effort on Electro-Fi. When asked about his songwriting, the W.C. Handy Award winner responded, "I have to write something about something that I know something about. In my life, I didn't live during segregation; I wasn't beaten over the head with Jim Crow. I didn't have that experience, but I can talk about Vietnam and things. I think the first blues is what comes from your family and however we're made." He is joined by special guest Mel Brown, plus Ken and Chris Whiteley. This release will also appeal to folk fans.

Blues 2.0 mc
Blues 2.0 zippy

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you please re-up 'Blues 2.0'? Thanks in advance, Rockinfish

Red Rooster said...

Sorry Rockinfish, personally I can't help you with your request since I don't have any of the albums featured in this post. Also, the original poster isn't active at the moment but hopefully someone else can help you out. Or, you could try asking for that album you wanted in the Basement.

frankie said...

Fruteland Jackson - Blues 2.0 - 2003 (256)
best I can do!
https://gofile.io/d/KWE0NG

C. Martin said...

Frankie could you put the other album on too please. Thank You

frankie said...

C. Martin I do not have sorry bud

frankie said...

my bad: so sloppy, now found...

Fruteland Jackson - I Claim Nothing But The Blues (256)

https://gofile.io/d/tLurlP

C. Martin said...

Wonderfull frankie. Thank You. Great Help

Anonymous said...

Thank you Frankie! Rockinfish