Friday, December 22, 2017

Eric Clapton - Legendary Masters

Released: 2001
Size: 179.9 MB
Time: 78:22
File: MP3 @ 320K/s
Styles: Blues Rock, Soft Rock
Art: Full

1. Before you accuse me (take a look at yourself) [3:57]
2. Superman inside [5:03]
3. My father's eyes [5:24]
4. Reptile [3:25]
5. Wonderful tonight [3:39]
6. Travelin' light [4:12]
7. Blue eyes blue [4:42]
8. Riding with the King (with B.B.King) [4:23]
9. Come back baby [3:53]
10. Tears in heaven [4:33]
11. Layla (unpluged) [4:40]
12. Change the world [3:55]
13. All your love [3:33]
14. Running on faith [5:32]
15. Cocaine [3:33]
16. Let it rain [5:01]
17. Sunshine of your love [4:10]
18. Tearing us apart (live with T.Turner) [4:39]

Eric Clapton has been reinventing himself musically for more than 40 years. But the strong pulse of the blues has powered his guitar playing since the beginning: from the Yardbirds when he was 18, through his stints with John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers, Cream, and Derek and the Dominoes. His first guitar, which he got when he was 13, was a steel-string Hoyer made in Germany. It was about as big as he was, Clapton recalls."It was a very cheap guitar. And most cheap guitars, as anyone will tell you who tries to play a cheap guitar ... they hurt to play.

"It sounded nice, but it was just such hard work, I gave up. So I started when I was 13 and gave up when I was 13 and a half," he says.

Clapton's introduction to the blues — the music that would forever influence his own work — came from an unlikely source: a children's radio show in the 1950s and '60s hosted by "Uncle Mac" (aka Derek McCulloch).

The show's usual fare was novelty children's music, such as "How Much Is That Doggie in the Window?"

But every now and then, Clapton says, Uncle Mac would slip in some blues."I don't know what this guy was on; I can't imagine how it would get snuck in, whether it was his taste or someone else's, his wife, who knows?" Clapton says.'I Got What They Were Trying to Do'

Clapton even remembers the first blues song he heard on the show: "Whoopin' the Blues" (full song audio) by harmonica player Sonny Terry and singer and guitarist Brownie McGhee.
"That's where it started for me.

Legendary Masters

7 comments:

BrownBlackBlues said...

"Eric Clapton - Legendary Masters" - Why do I get an error message: "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged."
Yet all the other folders can be opened win Winrar. I've tried it with 7zip and ZipItfree to no avail.
Same problem with "Whiskey, Women And Loaded Dice - Various Artists (2017)" posted in the Basement. Anyone having same issues knows a solution? Thanks....

Tonka said...

Very sorry to hear of you trouble Ben, I just d/loaded off this link again.. seems fine to me..

BrownBlackBlues said...

Thanks, Tonka!
Not sure what's the issue, but I had to D/L WinRar Repair and run it through. Both files extracted fine. There were no issues with your files.
Thank you again for the reply.

Loumy93 said...

@Ben : I have always been using another unzip free tool (IZArc) and for these files I don't get any error message.
Perhaps you shall try it !
Regards

SWingB said...

Nope, I cannot open file with any of my unzip programs.

Red Rooster said...

@SWingB.. me too had problems with extracting the archive (got the same error message as others have described), but below you will find links for another copy (front cover pic included). Hope that will be helpful.

Eric Clapton - Legendary Masters (2001) [320]
MC: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/UQA8E5TH/EC-LM.rar_links
Zippy: http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/HztmkAbh/file.html

SWingB said...

Red Rooster, you are most kind. That one dl'd & unzipped like hot honey dripping thru a seive! Thanks a lot and Merry Christmas to you!! :)