Saturday, February 17, 2018

Buddy Guy - The Collection

Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 56:18
Size: 128.9 MB
Styles: Chicago blues
Year: 2000/2017
Art: Front

[2:16] 1. First Time I Met The Blues (1960 Single Version)
[3:13] 2. Broken Hearted Blues
[2:22] 3. I Got My Eyes On You
[7:08] 4. Stone Crazy
[2:35] 5. Ten Years Ago
[2:51] 6. Let Me Love You Baby (Single Version)
[3:52] 7. When My Left Eye Jumps
[2:26] 8. Hard But It's Fair
[3:55] 9. Worried Mind
[3:03] 10. My Time After Awhile (Single Version)
[3:28] 11. Leave My Girl Alone
[2:40] 12. Crazy Love (Crazy Music) (Single Version)
[3:42] 13. Every Girl I See
[2:11] 14. Too Many Ways
[2:41] 15. Mother-In-Law Blues
[2:42] 16. Keep It To Myself (Single Version)
[2:49] 17. I Suffer With The Blues
[2:18] 18. She Suits Me To A Tee

Distorted blues is Buddy's trademark but this CD lets you hear how he started. It has recordings from about 1960 to 1965 which all have a jazzy-souly feel to them. Kicking off with the classic "First time I met the Blues" which blew Eric Clapton away the first time he heard it. Even though this isn't heavy like most of his later recordings it is still clear to hear his fantastic guitar playing. His voice is quite a lot higher than the deep voice he has now but it is still apparent that he has a great and versitile voice. ~Mr. E. Shiress

The Collection mc
The Collection zippy

1 comment:

BluesGang.47 said...

(Internet restored from today..sorry )
As a young boy one of the songs I liked was Mother-In-Law from Ernie K Doe, so I'm very curious about the blues version.