Sunday, February 18, 2018

Charles Brown - Just A Lucky So And So

Year: 1994
Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 50:53
Size: 117,3 MB
Styles: Jazzy piano blues
Scans: Front, sleeve, tray

1. I Won't Cry Any More (5:31)
2. Just A Lucky So & So (3:48)
3. Black Night (5:07)
4. One Never Knows (4:08)
5. Driftin' Blues (5:24)
6. Gloomy Sunday (6:01)
7. I Stepped In Quicksand (5:29)
8. The Danger Isn't Over (4:47)
9. A Song For Christmas (5:11)
10. So Long (5:23)

Charles Brown's casual yet stunning phrasing, inventive voicings, and piano accompaniment are wonderfully presented on this ten-song set. Ron Levy's production and the arrangements of Wardell Quezergue and Brown are tasteful, breezy, and geared for his carefully constructed, teasing solos and rich, creamy leads.

Such numbers as Brown's classic "Drifting Blues," as well as "Gloomy Sunday" and "I Won't Cry Anymore," convey despair and hurt, yet retain a certain appeal and charm. Brown keeps making fine records, sounding as convincing in the 1990s as he did at the start of his career. /Ron Wynn, AllMusic

Just A Lucky So And So mc
Just A Lucky So And So zippy

8 comments:

Bill said...

@Red Rooster: Thanks for this but i still wish for All My Life (1990)
I love that track with Dr.John A Virus Called The Blues which I'm unable to find anywhere without paying for it of course.

Stan25 said...

I just happen to have the All My Lfe album in my stash. I have a 128 version for sure and will look to see if I have it in 320. If I do have the 320 version I wil post it.

Red Rooster said...

You're welcome Bill, but unfortunately I can't help you with that other album you were looking for. At least not at the moment. Maybe Stan25 can help you out by providing a copy of that album to the Basement. Thanks to both of you for your comments.

Stan25 said...

Here is the link for the Charles Brown All My Life http://www.mediafire.com/file/1c5xf6li1jhc3sv/%281990%29%20all%20my%20life.zip

Red Rooster said...

@Stan25.. thanks for helping out by sending a link for your copy. I did however find a 256 copy and I will make a post out of it later on, just to serve as as a compliment to the one you sent and until a copy at a higher bitrate shows up. I hope you don't mind. Thanks again for you will to help.

Stan25 said...

The link I posted is 256. I double checked to make sure, but I was hoping to have it in 320.

pmac said...

Great album. Was fortunate to have seen him perform live several times. Many thanks for the post.

Red Rooster said...

You're welcome Pmac, glad you enjoyed the post. Must have been nice to see Charles Brown perform live. Thanks for your comment.