Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 35:31
Size: 82,2 MB
Styles: R&B, soul
Scans: Front, back
1. The Mojo Train (2:44)
2. Fire (2:48)
3. Wild Dog (2:56)
4. Take It Back (3:03)
5. Breaking The Rule (3:24)
6. Everything Is Better Since You're Gone (2:20)
7. Chicken Pickin' (2:02)
8. Four Loves (2:55)
9. Hold On Together (3:28)
10. Did I Let You Down (3:35)
11. Back To Memphis (3:06)
12. I Want More (3:03)
When notorious workaholics of rhythm The Excitements finally ended the two-year, 200-show international tour that followed the 2013 release of their second album, Sometimes Too Much Ain't Enough, they immediately threw their road-sharpened repertoire into the studio to record their finest album to date, Breaking The Rule.
This third album confirms that the big combo from Barcelona can do whatever they please - caress you, kick you in the stomach, or both. The steamroller rhythm section pounds under searing guitars and roaring horns while vocalist Koko claws at their hypnotic gyrations with wild abandon.
Breaking The Rule offers high-voltage rhythm-and-soul floor-shakers and lease-breakers ("Everything Is Better Since You've Gone," "Fire," "Hold On Together"), ripping, spear-hurling R&B numbers ("Chicken Pickin'," "Did I Let You Down"), heartbreaking mid-tempo ballads ("Breaking The Rule," "Take It Back"), and a pair of rhythmic postcards: a tribute to the noisy streets of New Orleans ("The Mojo Train") and restless nights in a Havana boarding house ("Four Loves").
Inside this explosive cocktail of sonic chaos, a strange, sweet harmony prevails through each and every groove. And as always, it's all wrapped up, signed, sealed, and delivered with the elegantly filthy production of Mike Mariconda.
This third album confirms that the big combo from Barcelona can do whatever they please - caress you, kick you in the stomach, or both. The steamroller rhythm section pounds under searing guitars and roaring horns while vocalist Koko claws at their hypnotic gyrations with wild abandon.
Breaking The Rule offers high-voltage rhythm-and-soul floor-shakers and lease-breakers ("Everything Is Better Since You've Gone," "Fire," "Hold On Together"), ripping, spear-hurling R&B numbers ("Chicken Pickin'," "Did I Let You Down"), heartbreaking mid-tempo ballads ("Breaking The Rule," "Take It Back"), and a pair of rhythmic postcards: a tribute to the noisy streets of New Orleans ("The Mojo Train") and restless nights in a Havana boarding house ("Four Loves").
Inside this explosive cocktail of sonic chaos, a strange, sweet harmony prevails through each and every groove. And as always, it's all wrapped up, signed, sealed, and delivered with the elegantly filthy production of Mike Mariconda.
Breaking The Rule mc
Breaking The Rule zippy

9 comments:
Amazing live performance here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5lxur6uIiI
Big thanks to Red Rooster...Ace
You're most welcome Ace, glad you enjoyed the post and that I could help you out. Thanks for your comment and for the link to that nice live performance. Wouldn't mind attending one of their gigs if I ever get the chance to do so.
Thanks, nice work!
You're welcome Gledix, glad you enjoyed the post. Thanks for your comment.
@Red Rooster: Hello! I've seen video with link given by Ace just above and I've been filled with enthusiasm by voice and energy of the singer Coco Jean Davis. I have the 2 fist albums and will be happy if this 3rd one can be re-up. If you don't have the 1st one, I can post it in the basement if you're interested?
Regards
@loumy93: The 2011 "The Excitements" release? Hard one to find...Got to say this is one icy cool / red hot band...Ace
@Ace: Yes, it's this self-titled one from 2011. Just time to zip the file and create zippy link and I can put it in the basement.
For information: It's given forMP2 320Kbps but looking with spek,it's no more than 160Kbps but it sound pretty well to my non professional ears !
Links for this post updated February 17, 2020. And thanks Loumy93 for sending your copy of the band's first album to the Basement, I'm sure people appreciate that.
@Red Rooster: Many thanks for the re-up! I love this band.
It's normal to participate to the basement when possible, I got so much from a lot of people there that I feel happy if I can help in my turn... Best regards
Post a Comment