Thursday, February 15, 2018

Downchild Blues Band - 2 albums: But I'm On The Guest List / So Far: A Collection Of Our Best

Album: But I'm On The Guest List
Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 40:53
Size: 93.6 MB
Styles: Modern electric blues
Year: 1982
Art: Front

[4:24] 1. Caledonia
[3:12] 2. I Got Everything I Need (Almost)
[4:19] 3. Tramp
[5:33] 4. Shotgun Blues
[3:07] 5. Flip, Flop & Fly
[5:06] 6. Gonna Tell Your Mother
[4:05] 7. You Don't Do
[2:44] 8. One More Chance
[4:13] 9. Done Changed My Way Of Living
[4:07] 10. T.V. Mama

In 1982, the band suffered a major setback with the untimely death of keyboard player Jane Vasey, who succumbed to leukemia at the age of thirty two. Donnie Walsh, who was living with Vasey at the time, took a period of time off to reflect on his future and that of the band. The band came back in the fall of 1982, with both a new singer and a new keyboard player, by way of a live recording from Toronto's historic El Mocambo club, But I'm On The Guest List.

Despite being closely identified with the band's initial sound and also being the co-writer, with brother Donnie Walsh, of "Shot Gun Blues", later recorded by the Blues Brothers, Hock Walsh would leave, rejoin and be replaced as lead singer in the band on several occasions. He was first fired from the band in 1974, shortly before work began on the band's third album, Dancing. At that time, he was replaced by Tony Flaim. Hock rejoined the band in 1977 and 1985. He was fired by his brother Donnie for a final time in 1990, and replaced by Chuck Jackson. Chuck Jackson has remained the lead singer of Downchild since that time

But I'm On The Guest List mc
But I'm On The Guest List zippy

Album: So Far: A Collection Of Our Best
Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 35:55
Size: 82.2 MB
Styles: Modern electric blues
Year: 1977/2007
Art: Front

[3:02] 1. Flip, Flop, Fly
[2:56] 2. Goin' Dancin'
[3:22] 3. Stagger Lee
[2:26] 4. Gonna Tell Your Mother
[2:41] 5. (I Got Everything I Need) Almost
[3:07] 6. Caledonia
[2:37] 7. Dig Myself A Hole
[3:24] 8. Let's Go Strollin'
[2:52] 9. Madison Blues
[2:52] 10. Bring It On Home
[2:19] 11. One More Chance
[4:10] 12. For Pete's Sake

The Downchild Blues Band is a Canadian blues band, described by one reviewer as "the premier blues band in Canada". The band is still commonly known as the Downchild Blues Band, though the actual band name was shortened to "Downchild" in the early 1980s. The Blues Brothers band was heavily influenced by Downchild Blues Band.

So Far: A Collection Of Our Best mc
So Far: A Collection Of Our Best zippy

3 comments:

rum said...

Possible to refesh the links? Thanks

Red Rooster said...

New links for this post (both albums) can be found below. Different copies from the ones originally posted.

Downchild Blues Band - But, I'm On The Guest List (1982) [320]
MC: https://www.mirrored.to/files/UAOTP0SW/DBB-BIOTGL.rar_links
Zippy: https://www50.zippyshare.com/v/xZpBuaOJ/file.html

Downchild - So Far; A Collection Of Our Best (1977) [320]
MC: https://www.mirrored.to/files/7Y468W9J/D-SFACOOB.rar_links
Zippy: https://www110.zippyshare.com/v/wxBkl2D1/file.html

rum said...

Thanks RR. Very much.