Friday, February 23, 2018

Larkin Poe - Peach

Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 31:51
Size: 72.9 MB
Styles: Roots rock, Blues
Year: 2017
Art: Front

[2:08] 1. Come On In My Kitchen
[3:22] 2. Freedom
[2:44] 3. Black Betty
[3:22] 4. Look Away
[3:20] 5. Preachin' Blues
[2:42] 6. Cast ‘em Out
[3:16] 7. Pink & Red
[3:19] 8. John The Revelator
[4:50] 9. Wanted Woman Ac Dc
[2:43] 10. Tom Devil

Rebecca & Megan Lovell of Larkin Poe are singer/songwriter, multi-instrumentalist sisters creating their own brand of Roots Rock 'n' Roll: gritty, soulful, and flavored by their southern heritage. Originally from Atlanta and currently living in Nashville, they are descendants of tortured artist and creative genius Edgar Allan Poe.

"Southern sister act Larkin Poe delivered some produce Sept. 29, 2017 with their latest effort, Peach. Best known as an opening act favored by Elvis Costello, Bob Seger and others, the duo decided late this summer they wanted to put out an album half stocked with blues covers popular with their social media followers and original material. They recorded the set at breakneck speed to be able to submit it for Grammy consideration.

The album eases into gear with “Come on in My Kitchen,” by Robert Johnson, a song covered by some notable talents over the years, including the Allman Brothers, a band Larkin Poe has been compared to more than once. Rebecca and Megan Lovell don’t let us get too comfortable in our chairs, though, following “Kitchen” up with some home-grown blues in “Freedom.” The theme of personal demons, real or imagined, has appeared in some of Larkin Poe’s past work, and continues as Peach progresses. Each of the Poe-riginals touches on these ideas, as does closing cover, “Tom Devil.” By the time we get to the end of “Black Betty,” another cover well-known to Larkin Poe’s fans from their shows and online presence, the ladies have shown us their chops and proven they can throw down with the best musicians you care to name. Every cover on the set has appeared in rougher form online at some point. The Lovells kill time on the road or at home making videos of a wide range of songs, and that’s how they got a job with Bob Seger this year. Turns out Seger’s wife turned him on to Larkin Poe’s videos, opening yet another door for the talented duo to showcase their talent to a broader audience.

Covers aren’t the whole story of the album by any means. There’s an edge to many of Rebecca and Megan’s songs, even when the tones are smooth. Going back through their deep, if brief, catalogue, shows they’ve been evolving from their bluegrass origins into a more powerful, driving sound, whether they’re singing the blues or rocking out like modern punks. Though they’ve been busy almost nonstop the past few years, the duo hasn’t spent quite as much time on the road of late, putting in long hours writing and recording. “Look Away” is planned as the first true single from Peach, just as soon as they get a video made. Larkin Poe promises to be visiting cities far and wide now that the album is done. Keep an eye out for their shows, because these twenty-something sirens are only getting better and demand is going to soar for a piece of their time.

Do yourself a favor if you haven't already and give these ladies your ear. You won't be disappointed. Come Grammy time next year, they might be on the stage giving thanks, but right now I'm thankful these women keep making stunning music." ~D. McKinney

Peach mc
Peach zippy

12 comments:

bluzlver55 said...

Hello,
I know your on vacation, I know you said not to ask for re-ups till you were back. I apologize, but if I don't make a request now, I will forget where i saw this, I apologize for getting older and more forgetful. Thank You

Maxims said...

@bluzlver55 I can Help You

https://www120.zippyshare.com/v/KSPKNkvB/file.html
Enjoy

bluzlver55 said...

Thank You Maxims, I just recently saw them live, and have to have more!!!
Again Thank You.

Anonymous said...

Could you please reup this one? Thanks a lot ahead :-)

Kokocass

Red Rooster said...

New links for this post can be found below.

Larkin Poe - Peach (2017) [320]
MC: https://www.mirrored.to/files/CEJF9PGD/LP-P.rar_links
Zippy: https://www14.zippyshare.com/v/ieCQNxxQ/file.html

Anonymous said...

guys you are the best !
Thx a lot.

Kokocass

Hester said...

Hello,I tried all the links and file not found :( Please, I hope to request a new link for Larkin Poe - Peach (2017)TYVM ~Hester

Red Rooster said...

New links for this post can be found below.

Larkin Poe - Peach (2017) [320]
MC: https://www.mirrored.to/files/1DJLWMND/LP-P.rar_links
Zippy: https://www98.zippyshare.com/v/SAGXJPA7/file.html

Hester said...

Red Rooster, thank you so much as I appreciate your time and effort!

daba said...

May I get this reupped please when time allows?🤙💙🎼😎

Flash said...


New Flac link for this album:

https://pixeldrain.com/u/Gmb4UhvM

daba said...

Thanks Flash!🤙💙🎼😎