Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Johnny Adams - Walking On A Tightrope: The Songs Of Percy Mayfield

Size: 101.7 MB
Time: 43:36
File: MP3 @ 320K/s
Released: 1989
Styles: Blues Soul, Blues Jazz
Art: Full

01. Walking On A Tightrope (5:46)
02. Lost Mind (3:19)
03. Stand By (3:26)
04. My Heart Is Hangin' Heavy (4:25)
05. Danger Zone (5:01)
06. Never No More (2:53)
07. The Lover And The Married Woman (5:25)
08. You're In For A Big Surprise (4:41)
09. Look The Whole World Over (4:18)
10. Baby Please (4:18)

Whenever Johnny Adams does a repertory album, it's as much his own showcase as a forum for the spotlighted composer. Even Percy Mayfield's lyrically brilliant works don't hamper Adams from displaying his special magic; his treatments on the session's ten tunes range from excellent to magnificent. Adams is gripping on "My Heart Is Hangin' Heavy," nicely bemused on "The Lover and the Married Woman," and convincing on the title track and "Danger Zone." Although he's done numerous Rounder vehicles, Adams hasn't yet turned in a dud. ~Ron Wynn

Walking On A Tightrope: The Songs Of Percy Mayfield MP3
Walking On A Tightrope: The Songs Of Percy Mayfield FLAC

14 comments:

daba said...

Thanks BT! I have his 1969 Heart & Soul album. I am looking forward to hearing his rendition of these songs! :)

pmac said...

This is an amazing album. One of my dessert island discs. Don't pass on this one. Thanks, BT!

George said...

Fantastic! Not only is Johnny Adams great but the band is the cream of the crop, too. And, for sure, when you cooperate with the great Duke you just can't miss. Thank you for posting, BT.

ELTON said...

Great! Thanks BT!

daba said...

It was a great listen. Thanks again BT! :)

Eli Dr. Blues Marcus said...

This is definitely a classic album by any measure - I think this would be one of my choices for my 10 "desert island records" that I would want to have if I were stranded on a desert island.
I have owned a copy of this for decades, and I keep pulling out this album a few times a year to listen to.

Quallengeist said...

Can you please re-up this CD?

daba said...

New Link From Here! :)
Adams, Johnny - 1989 Walking On A Tightrope The Songs Of Percy Mayfield 320.7z
https://www65.zippyshare.com/v/UqoyDA1d/file.html

Tommy C said...

A great album, a true classic as is the Doc Pomus tribute that came after this.

Quallengeist said...

@daba:
Thank you very much for this album.
I love slow blues.
And this one with the little jazzy touch is great.
Thank you.

pmac said...

Johnny's entire Rounder Records catalogue is simply fantastic. Not a bad record to be found. Thanks for turning people onto Johnny, guys.

JH said...

Any chance of a re-up of this wonderful recording? Thanks in advance!!!

daba said...

@JH New Link.
Adams, Johnny - 1989 Walking On A Tightrope The Songs Of Percy Mayfield 320
https://mega.nz/file/TZdjHCiJ#hfUet6AivV4tFvbp7dp0xyUzg7vI-aBNOmUuVNor4vc

JH said...

Thank You daba! I appeciate all you do!