Time: 48:15
Size: 110.5 MB
Styles: Electric blues
Year: 2014
Art: Front
[3:41] 1. I Say What I Mean
[3:43] 2. No More Alcohol
[2:54] 3. Must've Been Dreaming
[2:56] 4. Stop On By
[3:06] 5. Tell Me Everything
[2:15] 6. Cottonweed
[2:59] 7. Sad, Tired And Worried
[3:30] 8. I Am Satisfied
[3:13] 9. Cold Stuff
[4:45] 10. Real Good Deal
[3:41] 11. Quick Draw
[2:49] 12. Thank You For The Dance
[3:45] 13. Right Hand Blues
[4:52] 14. Selfish Man
The idea to record an album with Jim Liban hit me in 2013 during a Sunday afternoon gig in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I hadn’t played with the harmonica legend in a few years, and the last time we shared the stage in 2010 it seemed like he was tiring of it all. After nearly fifty years in the music business and a recent period of personal tragedies and loss, Jim was quietly withdrawing from the music scene. But it was obvious that afternoon, that time had healed a few wounds. The fire, soul and harmonica mastery were still there as strong as ever; and we went on to rock the crowd just like the old days. It was clear from the first note I heard that day—Jim Liban was back, and I knew we needed to make a record.
I called Jim the next day in a manic state and left a rambling message on his answering machine (yes, Jim still has an answering machine). I told him that I wanted to produce a record for him, and that he should come down to Chicago and record it with my band at Hi-Style Studio. We would dust off some of his old original tunes. We would record together in the same room with vintage gear and small amps like the blues records we love. We would do everything our way and make a traditional—and original—blues album. Jim called me back the next day and responded to my grandiose idea with his signature dry wit, “Does this mean I have to buy new harps?”
“I Say What I Mean” is not just a comeback. It is a snapshot of a life in blues, a tribute to all of our blues heroes, a loving tribute to Jim’s late wife, and a reunion with one of my heroes and first musical influences. These fourteen original blues songs are proof that Jim Liban says what he means, and indeed means just what he says. ~ Joel Paterson
I called Jim the next day in a manic state and left a rambling message on his answering machine (yes, Jim still has an answering machine). I told him that I wanted to produce a record for him, and that he should come down to Chicago and record it with my band at Hi-Style Studio. We would dust off some of his old original tunes. We would record together in the same room with vintage gear and small amps like the blues records we love. We would do everything our way and make a traditional—and original—blues album. Jim called me back the next day and responded to my grandiose idea with his signature dry wit, “Does this mean I have to buy new harps?”
“I Say What I Mean” is not just a comeback. It is a snapshot of a life in blues, a tribute to all of our blues heroes, a loving tribute to Jim’s late wife, and a reunion with one of my heroes and first musical influences. These fourteen original blues songs are proof that Jim Liban says what he means, and indeed means just what he says. ~ Joel Paterson
I Say What I Mean mc
I Say What I Mean zippy

10 comments:
thanks for this really dig joel and the modern sounds great band
can u reup this please?
hi mat,
could you please reup this, if possible?
Thanx a lot
assioz
New links for this post can be found below.
Jim Liban With The Joel Paterson Trio - I Say What I Mean (2014) [320]
MC: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/1BIO9BGE/JLwTJPT-ISWIM.rar_links
Zippy: http://www116.zippyshare.com/v/eAqPuIY5/file.html
thank you very much red rooster.
quality service as always ;))
Thnax for sharing again-
nice weekend
assioz
Please, could you re-up this Jim Liban (With The Joel Paterson Trio) - I Say What I Mean? Thanks!
New links for this post can be found below.
Jim Liban With The Joel Paterson Trio - I Say What I Mean (2014) [320]
MC: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/0H6RMOCK/JLWTLPT-ISWIM.rar_links
Zippy: http://www104.zippyshare.com/v/RrdYa3B5/file.html
Could you re-up this album? Please! Thanks in advance!
New links for this post can be found below.
Jim Liban With The Joel Paterson Trio - I Say What I Mean (2014) [320]
MC: https://www.mirrored.to/files/LPJPRJCK/JLwTJPT-ISWIM.rar_links
Zippy: https://www40.zippyshare.com/v/L8Aw1VFG/file.html
@Red Rooster: thank you very much!
Post a Comment