Source: LL (from CD)
Released: 2015
Styles: Blues
Time: 77:41
Size: 179,1 MB
Covers: Full (16 page booklet)
(2:31) 1. Bluecoat Man
(2:45) 2. The Blues Is Here To Stay
(3:08) 3. Nothing But Trouble
(2:39) 4. Five Long Years
(2:38) 5. Hush Baby Don't You Cry
(2:03) 6. Thank You Baby
(2:15) 7. I'm Going Downtown
(2:47) 8. You Got To Reap What You Sow
(3:25) 9. 24 Hours
(2:30) 10. Rosa Lee Swing
(2:52) 11. Driftin'
(3:16) 12. Third Degree
(2:35) 13. I'm Comin' Home
(2:31) 14. Hard Time Getting Started
(2:48) 15. Got Me Seein' Double
(2:32) 16. Blue Monday Blues
(3:02) 17. Ratting and Running Around
(2:37) 18. Why Don't You Be Wise, Baby
(2:57) 19. I'm A Prisoner
(3:02) 20. Cool Kind Treatment
(2:28) 21. What's The Matter, Baby
(2:58) 22. Picture in the Frame
(2:39) 23. Come Home!
(2:54) 24. Treat Her Right
(3:09) 25. Life Gets To Be A Burden
(3:01) 26. All The Way
(2:38) 27. Just A Fool
(2:46) 28. Where You Belong
Recorded in Chicago between 1950 and 1959, this collector's edition contains 28 remastered studio recordings by Eddie Boyd, consisting of a variety of the sensational sides released between 1950 and 1960 on different labels, such as Chess Records, J.O.B., Herald, Bea & Baby, and Keyhole. His most famous songs and enduring singles are featured on this superlative set, including the aforementioned “Five Long Years”, plus other highlights like “24 Hours,” “Third Degree,” “Nothing but Trouble,” and “I'm Comin' Home,” among others. It is truly an indispensable set for any blues devotee. The remastered sound is very good and the 16 page booklet is filled with fine photos and recording information.
Blue Monday Bluess
Blue Monday Blues artwork

3 comments:
Thanks so much! EB is always welcome. I appreciate too the LL-rip!
Cheers Daniel, from Spain...
Could you please fix the links. I love blues and I love Eddie, too. Great blog.
new links
Post a Comment