Source: LL (from CD)
Released: 2002
Styles: Blues
Time: 74:04
Size: 171,4 MB
Covers: Full
(3:25) 1. Two Timin' Woman
(2:50) 2. Rooster Blues
(2:56) 3. Guitar Swing
(2:34) 4. Has My Gal Been Here
(3:06) 5. Front Door Blues
(3:12) 6. Back Door Blues
(3:12) 7. The Big Boat
(2:55) 8. My Stove Won't Work
(2:48) 9. Brown Skin Mama
(3:16) 10. W.P.A. Blues
(3:02) 11. I Believe I'll Make a Change
(3:08) 12. Did You Mean What You Said?
(3:20) 13. Somebody Changed the Lock on My Door
(2:54) 14. Red Hot Blues
(3:37) 15. I'm a Stranger
(2:48) 16. Go Ahead Buddy
(3:20) 17. Blues Everywhere I Go
(2:46) 18. Arlena
(2:51) 19. Casey Bill's New Wpa Blues
(3:13) 20. Can't You Remember
(3:08) 21. Just as Well Let Her Go
(3:21) 22. I'm Just a Bad Luck Man
(3:16) 23. I Believe You're Cheatin' on Me
(2:54) 24. Round and Round
During the years 1935-1938 Will Weldon recorded over 60 titles as a principal artist and he appeared as an accompanist on numerous other recordings by bluesmen as Peetie Wheatstraw and Bumble Bee Slim. Welson's abilities as a instrumentalist were much in demand and his records sold in huge quatities. Despite his popularity, little is known about this musician. Weldon was born in Arkansas and as a teenager he travelled the South with medicin shows. In the late 1920s he relocated to Memphis and in 1927 and 1928 he recorded with The Memphis Jug Band. After this he moved to Kansas City and there he perfected his unique bottleneck style as well as acquiring his nickname of Casey (from K.C.). In the mid 1930s he moved to Chicago and recorded for Vocalion as The Hawaiian Guitar Wizard (in order to promote him as a rival for Bluebird's slide master "Guitar Wizard" Tampa Red). Weldon was one of the few guitarists of the pre-war period to play in the Hawaiian manner - with a National steel guitar laid flat on his lap - He merged Hawaiian music with blues and jazz phrasing. His vocals are deep and warm and often embellished with a pleasing falsetto. After 1938 he didn't record anymore. About the rest of his life little is known.
Guitar Swing
Guitar Swing artwork

1 comment:
Thank a a lot!! Happy new year! Roberto
Post a Comment