Time: 69:47
Size: 159.8 MB
Styles: R&B, New Orleans blues
Year: 1991
Art: Front
[3:00] 1. The Things That I Used To Do
[2:25] 2. Well I Done Got Over It
[2:58] 3. Story Of My Life
[2:06] 4. Letter To My Girlfriend (Aka Prison Blues)
[3:02] 5. Trouble Don't Last
[2:20] 6. Later For You Baby
[2:55] 7. Bad Luck Blues
[2:11] 8. Twenty-Five Lies
[2:25] 9. Sufferin' Mind
[2:36] 10. Stand By Me
[2:34] 11. Guitar Slim
[2:05] 12. Our Only Child
[2:49] 13. Reap What You Sow (Aka Bad Woman Blues)
[2:04] 14. I Want To Love-A You (Take 1)
[3:04] 15. Sufferin' Mind (Take 1)
[2:44] 16. I Want To Love-A You (Take 11)
[2:26] 17. Think It Over
[2:22] 18. Quicksand
[2:52] 19. You're Gonna Miss Me
[3:58] 20. I Got Sumpin' For You
[2:55] 21. Something To Remember You By
[2:16] 22. You Give Me Nothing But The Blues
[3:39] 23. Going Down Slow
[2:17] 24. Certainly All (Take 2)
[3:26] 25. Something To Remember You By (Take 1)
[2:07] 26. Certainly All (Take 1)
His guitar fraught with manic high-end distortion and his vocals fried over church-fired intensity, Eddie "Guitar Slim" Jones influenced a boatload of disciples while enjoying the rewards that came with his 1954 R&B chart-topper, "The Things That I Used to Do." This 26-song survey of Slim's seminal 1953-1955 Specialty catalog rates with the best New Orleans blues ever cut -- besides the often imitated but never duplicated smash, his "Story of My Life," "Sufferin' Mind," and "Something to Remember You By" are overwhelming in their ringing back-alley fury. Slim could rock, too: "Well, I Done Got Over It," "Quicksand," "Certainly All," and the raucous "Guitar Slim" drive with blistering power. Saxophonist Joe Tillman was a worthy foil for the flamboyant guitarist in the solo department. ~Bill Dahl
Sufferin' Mind mc
Sufferin' Mind zippy

No comments:
Post a Comment