Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Colin James & The Little Big Band - Selftitled

Year: 1993
Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 47:05
Size: 108,9 MB
Styles: Blues, jump blues, swing
Scans: Full

1. Cadillac Baby (3:14)
2. That's What You Do To Me (3:27)
3. Sit Right Here (2:45)
4. Three Hours Past Midnight (6:08)
5. Satellite (4:12)
6. Surely (I Love You) (3:41)
7. Breakin' Up The House (3:05)
8. No More Doggin' (3:08)
9. Evenin' (5:02)
10. The Train Kept A Rollin' (2:46)
11. Leading Me On (2:18)
12. The Boogie Twist Part II (5:00)
13. Cha Shooky Doo (2:13)

A tasty hybrid of rock & roll, jive, and blues, James' eponymous recording - a collection of standards from the late '40s-early '50s recorded live from the floor - takes a swingin' jump approach with horns and organ given equal billing to smooth, hollow-body guitar tones. Highlights: the finger-snapping, fedora-over-one-eye cool of "Evening" and a bopping, knockout version of "Train Kept A-Rollin'." /Roch Parisien, AllMusic

Colin James & The Little Big Band mc
Colin James & The Little Big Band zippy

2 comments:

George said...

Brilliant! A fine album by Colin James!
I'll never forget the pleasure I felt when I first listened to the LP - Great music by an amazing band!

Red Rooster said...

Thanks for your comment George. Couldn't agree more, it's a brilliant album according to my taste.