When singer-guitarist Jack de Keyzer was a kid living in England during the early 1960s, Cliff Richard and the Shadows were big. Really big. “That’s what got me enamoured with the electric guitar,” de Keyzer said, paying special tribute to Hank Marvin, lead guitarist for the Shadows. “I’m about 10 years younger than those guys, but whenever you read interviews from [Jeff] Beck or [Jimmy] Page, they always cite Hank Marvin as an influence. A few years later, we had Cream and [Jimi] Hendrix and all that, so that kind of clinched it for me.”
He got his first guitar in elementary school, but he remembers its arrival being anti-climactic. “My parents didn’t know much about music, so the guitar was probably way too big for me. It kind of sat at the foot of my bed.” When the family moved to Hamilton, Ont., in 1965 — de Keyser was 10 — he got a “cheapo electric guitar,” and was off to the races.
The Beatles became a worldwide phenomenon about the same time, but the British-blues die of Cream had already been cast. De Keyzer’s fondness was not for the pop music of the Fab Four, but the rocking electric blues being made fashionable by everyone from the Rolling Stones to Jimi Hendrix. “Blues is the backbone of everything I do,” de Keyzer said. “I play a lot of different styles of music, from country to rockabilly. But if it doesn’t have blues running through it, I don’t like it. It’s got to have that greasy blues thing going on.” ~mdevlin
He got his first guitar in elementary school, but he remembers its arrival being anti-climactic. “My parents didn’t know much about music, so the guitar was probably way too big for me. It kind of sat at the foot of my bed.” When the family moved to Hamilton, Ont., in 1965 — de Keyser was 10 — he got a “cheapo electric guitar,” and was off to the races.
The Beatles became a worldwide phenomenon about the same time, but the British-blues die of Cream had already been cast. De Keyzer’s fondness was not for the pop music of the Fab Four, but the rocking electric blues being made fashionable by everyone from the Rolling Stones to Jimi Hendrix. “Blues is the backbone of everything I do,” de Keyzer said. “I play a lot of different styles of music, from country to rockabilly. But if it doesn’t have blues running through it, I don’t like it. It’s got to have that greasy blues thing going on.” ~mdevlin
Album: Checkmate
Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 52:34
Size: 120.4 MB
Styles: Electric blues
Year: 2018
Art: Front
[3:52] 1. Howlin' For My Darling
[3:08] 2. All Your Love (I Miss Loving)
[4:54] 3. Stranger Blues
[3:33] 4. Talk To Me Baby
[5:57] 5. Double Trouble
[4:23] 6. Broke Down Engine Blues
[3:33] 7. Do Right Woman
[4:11] 8. Days Of Old
[3:32] 9. Evil (Is Going On)
[4:36] 10. I Ain't Superstitious
[4:02] 11. I Can't Quit You Baby
[3:39] 12. Walking Blues
[3:08] 13. Come In My Kitchen
Checkmate mc
Checkmate zippy
Album: The Corktown Sessions
Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 66:38
Size: 152.5 MB
Styles: Electric blues
Year: 2009
Art: Front
[5:17] 1. Let's Have A Natural Ball
[5:19] 2. Blues Thing
[5:36] 3. When You've Got A Good Friend
[5:35] 4. King Of The Blues
[4:51] 5. Signed Sealed Delivered
[5:47] 6. I Want To Love You
[5:41] 7. The Way That I Love You
[7:07] 8. Engine Trouble
[4:57] 9. Ride With Me
[4:43] 10. Hold On I'm Coming
[6:13] 11. Soul Lover
[5:26] 12. Rock This House
The Corktown Sessions mc
The Corktown Sessions zippy


1 comment:
Thank you so much Mat, Great Music...
Post a Comment