Sunday, April 26, 2020

Albert Collins, Robert Cray, Johnny Copeland - Showdown!

Year: 1985/2011
Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 48:46
Size: 112,8 MB
Styles: Electric blues
Scans: Full

1. T-Bone Shuffle (4:55)
2. The Moon Is Full (5:01)
3. Lion's Den (3:57)
4. She's Into Something (3:49)
5. Bring Your Fine Self Home (4:31)
6. Black Cat Bone (4:56)
7. The Dream (5:32)
8. Albert's Alley (4:04)
9. Blackjack (6:29)
10. Something To Remember You By (Bonus Track) (5:27)

Cray found himself in some pretty intimidating company for this Grammy-winning blues guitar summit meeting, but he wasn't deterred, holding his own alongside his idol Albert Collins and Texas great Johnny Copeland. Cray's delivery of Muddy Waters' rhumba-rocking "She's Into Something" was one of the set's many highlights. /Bill Dahl, AllMusic

Alligator's Grammy Award winning, best-selling title of all time, remastered on CD with the added bonus track - Something to Remember You By. Universally recognized as one of the greatest blues albums of all time. A celebrated studio "cutting contest" between three legendary blues guitarists. /Amazon

(For personnel details, see artwork included.)

Showdown! mc
Showdown! zippy

9 comments:

matt-uk said...

Thank you Red Rooster, you're a diamond!

Happymonk said...

mmmm, diamonds...HaHa. Thanks Rooster I can upgrade my copy.

ramson said...

Thanks a lot for bonus track.

Cheers!.

Red Rooster said...

You're most welcome Matt-uk, Happymonk and Ramson. Glad you enjoyed the post, thanks for your comments.

George said...

I remember I loved this album when I first heard it, back then. Now, I have to admit I have a totally different approach to the blues. I'm not very much into this characteristic "Alligator sound", the top professional backing, the funky-soul Johnny B. Gayden's basslines and so on. Still, this album is fun listening to. Nice songs, top musicianship, cool in every aspect. Thanks for posting, RR!

Red Rooster said...

You're most welcome George, glad you enjoyed the post. Thanks for your comment and for sharing your personal opinion on this album.

mojo_boy said...

Could you please re-up this album. It would be most appreciated ...TIA

Red Rooster said...

Links for this post updated January 13, 2021.

mojo_boy said...

@Red Rooster ... many thanks for the re-up. I am most grateful .... ;)