Sunday, April 4, 2021

Omar & The Howlers - Southern Style

Size: 112,4 MB
Time: 48:37
File: MP3 @ 320K/s
Released: 1997
Styles: Electric blues
Art: Full

1. Ton Of Blues (3:37)
2. I Want You (3:25)
3. Snake Rhythm Rock (3:59)
4. Bessie Mae (3:14)
5. Full Moon On Main Street (4:52)
6. Pot Of Gold (3:12)
7. You Keep Watchin' Me (3:19)
8. Run For The Levee (4:18)
9. Burn It To The Ground (3:49)
10. Judgement Day (3:45)
11. Angel Blues (6:51)
12. Think It's Time To Go (4:10)

Omar shakes up the Howlers' lineup yet again for Southern Style, yet the changes don't affect his sound much at all. Working with guitarist Stephen Bruton, bassist Paul Junior, drummer Steve Kilmer, percussionist Mark Hallman and organist Nick Connolly, Omar Dykes kicks out a set of swampy blues-rock that alternates between New Orleans grunge and tight Memphis grooves. Though the band sounds great, the lack of compelling material means Southern Style isn't appealing to anyone but specialists. /Thom Owens, AllMusic

(For personnel details, see artwork included.)

Southern Style mc
Southern Style gofile

7 comments:

Lewdd said...

Anyone know the status of Kent's health? I saw them play in Austin once at I believe a place called the Black Diamond with WC Clark opening for them. What a great show!

Red Rooster said...

Personally I have no knowledge when it comes to the status of Omar's health Lewdd, but i hope he's doing ok. And I'm sure that show you went to was a good one. Have seen Omar & The Howlers numerous times here in Sweden, and every time they have delivered a good show.

bcat said...

This was posted by his wife in December.... We had an appointment with the cardiologist today. Last night was the first night in months Omar had no pain in his legs and feet. He was pain free. Having been in a wheelchair to see all doctors since August, he was able to walk into the doctor's office today using his cane. The nurses and doctors were so happy to see him walking again! He has lost 68 pounds and is pain free again tonight. Thank God, I think this is our Christmas miracle!

Red Rooster said...

Thanks for the additional info Bcat. Let's keep our fingers crossed Omar's health has improved even more since that post was made by his wife.

daba said...

May I get this reupped when time allows please? 🤙💙🎼😎

Red Rooster said...

Links for this post updated August 24, 2025.

daba said...

Thanks Rooster! 🤙💙🎼😎