Saturday, April 3, 2021

The Blues Band - Best Of The Blues Band

Size: 358 MB
Time: 77:27
File: MP3 @ 320K/s
Released: 2011
Styles: Electric Blues, Blues Rock
Art: Front & Back

CD 1:
01. Twenty Nine Ways (3:05)
02. Talkin' Woman Blues (2:43)
03. Blue Collar (5:56)
04. Maggie's Farm (3:19)
05. C.C. Rider (3:48)
06. Georgia On My Mind (3:27)
07. These Kind Of Blues (3:32)
08. I Can't Stand The Rain (6:28)
09. Mr. Estes Said (4:10)
10. Going Home (3:59)
11. Treat Her Right (3:25)
12. What Do You Want? (4:23)
13. Longing For You Baby (3:40)
14. Tobacco Road (2:55)
15. These Shoes (3:26)
16. San Francisco Bay Blues (3:09)
17. Sus Blues (4:06)
18. Seemed Like A Good Idea (At The Time) (3:11)
19. The Duisburg Blues (4:10)
20. Don't Let Them Grind You Down (4:25)

CD 2:
01. Find Yourself Another Fool (2:38)
02. Noah Lewis Blues (4:05)
03. Flatfoot Sam (2:57)
04. Come On (2:53)
05. Little Baby (3:07)
06. Down In The Bottom (3:20)
07. Let The Good Times Roll (3:13)
08. Leave My Woman Alone (4:24)
09. Ultimate Time (3:31)
10. I'll Be Home Again Tonight (3:29)
11. Mean Old Frisco (3:43)
12. Green Stuff (3:50)
13. Come On In (2:04)
14. Rolling Log (3:41)
15. Take Me To The Red Line (3:57)
16. Cold Emotions, Frozen Hearts (4:39)
17. I'll Go Crazy (2:35)
18. Sweet Temptation (4:25)
19. Half The Man (Twice The Fool) (4:03)
20. Time After Time (3:55)
21. I Can Tell (5:11)

When the Blues Band got together in 1979, they caused a sensation that astonished both group and record industry. Fans flocked to hear Paul Jones, Tom McGuinness and pals playing R&B favourites with all the enthusiasm inherited from their former Manfred Mann days in the 1960s.

This 2CD set provides an overview of the band’s output over three decades. Among the 41 tracks, taken from 13 albums, are richly satisfying performances from early works ‘Official Blues Band Bootleg’ and ‘Ready’, spiced with stomping versions of classics like ‘I Go Crazy’ and ‘Tobacco Road’. There are also songs from the acoustic ‘Wire Less’ album and delights from a more recent Ray Charles tribute set, ‘Thank You Brother Ray‘.

This essential compilation has authoritative liner notes by Repertoire’s Chris Welch, with a new and informative interview with founding member Tom McGuinness.

It’s the best way to hear all aspects of the blues, revived, refreshed and played with authentic passion by great musicians on this newly compiled and re-mastered compilation!

Best Of The Blues Band MP3
Best Of The Blues Band FLAC Part 1
Best Of The Blues Band FLAC Part 2
Best Of The Blues Band FLAC Part 3

3 comments:

Bob Mac said...

Thanks for this BT.

George said...

I LOVE these people, ever since I first saw them live, back in the early 80s! Thank you for posting, BT!

Rhodb said...

Thanks Bluestender

I really enjoy the blues band they inject some fun into their music and seem to enjoy what they do. It come across in the sound

Regards