Friday, November 8, 2024

Dolly Cooper - I Need Romance: Warming Hearts With Rhythm & Blues

Size: 74.3 MB
Time: 31:30
File: MP3 @ 320K/s
Released: 2024
Styles: Blues, R&B
Art: Front

01. Down So Long (2:27)
02. Central 1609 (2:59)
03. Times Brings About A Change (2:11)
04. I'd Climb The Highest Mountain (3:08)
05. Every Day And Every Night (2:14)
06. You Gotta Be Good To Yourself (3:01)
07. I'm Lookin' Through Your Window (3:09)
08. You Won't Trouble Me No More (2:17)
09. Alley Cat (2:17)
10. Palm Of Your Hand (2:39)
11. Ooh Daddy (2:44)
12. I Need Romance (2:20)

American Rhythm & blues singer & songwriter. Cooper performed as Baby Doll with Bill Campbell's Blue Notes for many years post war. She sang for Savoy in the 1950's. She then signed with Buck Ram's agency and sang on Modern and Dot record labels, often backed by saxmen Maxwell Davis and Sam "The Man" Taylor.
Cooper sang with the likes of Cootie Williams, Dizzy Gillespie, and Lionel Hampton. As a soloist her Modern record "A Teenage Prayer" had her nominated in 1955 by Cashboxs DJ poll as 'Most Promising Vocalist'. She also went by Thelma Cole.

I Need Romance: Warming Hearts With Rhythm & Blues MP3
I Need Romance: Warming Hearts With Rhythm & Blues FLAC

5 comments:

gilles said...

Many Thanks BT for this one

thebird said...

Thank you

daba said...

Thanks BT for the uploads today. Will definitely be doing some more research on Dolly Cooper! 🤙💙🎼😎

Smokey said...

Thanks for this classic R&B music. I'll wait for Daba's research (won't be easy)

Gerard Herzhaft said...

Here's the discography of Dolly Cooper (who also recorded as Baby Doll

Dolly Cooper (Thelma Cooper), vcl; Johnny Hinsley, t-sax; Jimmie Golden, pno; Danny Webster, pno; Jimmy Johnson, dms. Philadelphia, PA. 1947
Because I'm in love with you
Rubber legs
Dolly Cooper, vcl; The Three Smarties, band. Philadelphia, PA. 1948
Merry Christmas baby
I lost everything, losing you
Dolly Cooper (as Baby Doll), vcl; band. Newark, NJ. janvier 1949
Down by the woodshed
Talk to me daddy
Dolly Cooper, vcl; Doles Dickens, bs; band. Philadelphia, PA. mars 1949
Ooh daddy
Cute poppa
Dolly Cooper, vcl; Doc Bagby, pno; band. Philadelphia, PA. juillet 1949
I need a man
Let's try again
Dolly Cooper, vcl; The Coopermen, band. Philadelphia, PA. 1951
Without a song
It's a sin to tell a lie
Dolly Cooper, vcl; Dave Mc Rae, a-sax; horns; Larry Johnson, pno/org; g; John Simmons, bs; Panama Francis, dms. New York City, 19 novembre 1952
Is it true?
Believe in me
Dolly Cooper, vcl; Hal Singer, t-sax; Kelly Owens, pno; Jimmy Cannady, g; Johnny Lewis, bs; Bobby Donaldson, dms; The Four Brothers, vcls. New York City, 3-6 mars 1953
Hometown
Easy living
I'd climb the highest mountain
I wanna know
Me and my baby
Dolly Cooper, vcl; George Kelly, t-sax; Haywood Henry, b-sax; Lee Anderson, pno; Lonnie Johnson, g; Prince Babbs, bs; Gene Brooks, dms. New York City, 15 mai 1953
Alley cat
I need romance
Dolly Cooper, vcl; William Campbell, tb; Sam Taylor, t-sax; Haywood Henry, b-sax; Mickey Baker, g; Johnny Williams, bs; Bobby Donaldson, dms. New York City, 8 décembre 1953
You gotta be good to yourself
Love can't be blind
Dolly Cooper (as Linda Peters), vcl; band. Los Angeles, Ca. 1954
One more chance
Oooh daddy
Dolly Cooper (as Linda Peters), vcl; band. Los Angeles, Ca. février 1955
If I had listened
Central 1609
You won't trouble me no more
Dolly Cooper, vcl; Maxwell Davis, t-sax; band. Los Angeles, Ca. juin 1955
My man
Ay la bah
Teenage prayer
Down so long
Dolly Cooper, vcl; Maxwell Davis, t-sax; band. Los Angeles, Ca. mars 1956
Teenage wedding bells
Every day and every night
Dolly Cooper, vcl; band. Los Angeles, Ca. 22 août 1956
I'm looking through your window
The confession of a fool
Big Rock inn
Tell me tell me
Dolly Cooper, vcl; band. Los Angeles, Ca. 9 janvier 1957
Time brings about a change
Wild love