Styles: Traditional Electric Chicago Blues, Slide Guitar Blues
Recorded: 2013
Released: 2013
File: mp3 @ 320k/s
Size: 169.40 MB
Time: 73:39
Art: Front
1. Mississippi To Chicago (4:10)
2. When They Played The Real Blues (3:57)
3. She's All Right (4:48)
4. Shake It Down Now (4:55)
5. The Rest Is Up To You (4:39)
6. I Am The Houserocker (4:42)
7. Howlin' In The Moonlight (4:57)
8. In Case Of Fire (5:48)
9. Ride Again (4:46)
10. Kingsville Jukin' (3:32)
11. Wicked Soul (4:48)
12. Cold Black Night (6:11)
13. Mojo Hand (4:49)
14. Shake Some For Me (3:57)
15. Right Tonight (4:28)
16. Bad Gasoline (3:12)
Personnel: STUDEBAKER JOHN - Guitar, Harmonica, Vocals
Rick Kreher - Guitar
Bob Halaj - Bass
Steve Cushing - Drums
Note: Studebaker John appears to be entering that point in his life where he's gonna do the kind of music that he wants to do... Though at one time, his blues would melt paint it was so hot (and that was whether he had his guitar or harmonica blazin'), now-he obviously wants to remember the days of the famed Maxwell St up in Chicago. In talking with him a few years ago, Maxwell St and that era of blues music was one of his favorite subjects. I'm glad he's headed this way musically, even though I was a fan of his early hot blues as well. There were some who were critical of those early CD's-though I'm not sure entirely why...Well-here's one for those past critics.
This new disc is real straight up Chicago Blues, and he even ends it with a very cool twist. He's entirely vintage on this new recording, and like I said in the title of the review-his stuff is original music. I'm not going to go into great details about each tune-go to the samples, they should be enough for any Blues fan to want to purchase this new recording. The twist-to add to the authenticity of this one is this: He found someone with a old "Recordio" machine who still had some old blanks, and recorded the last track onto a old Recordio album, and then put in on CD. This last tune-"Bad Gasoline" is as authentic sounding as it comes, and definitely takes you back to the days of old 78's. (Note-if you don't know what a Recordio or 78 is-you're younger, and you need to look it up). Congrats to you Mr Grimaldi-heck of job (and your great band of musicians), I hope this one will please many, and even turn some folks on to discover a great period of Blues music...
Kingsville Jukin'
Recorded: 2013
Released: 2013
File: mp3 @ 320k/s
Size: 169.40 MB
Time: 73:39
Art: Front
1. Mississippi To Chicago (4:10)
2. When They Played The Real Blues (3:57)
3. She's All Right (4:48)
4. Shake It Down Now (4:55)
5. The Rest Is Up To You (4:39)
6. I Am The Houserocker (4:42)
7. Howlin' In The Moonlight (4:57)
8. In Case Of Fire (5:48)
9. Ride Again (4:46)
10. Kingsville Jukin' (3:32)
11. Wicked Soul (4:48)
12. Cold Black Night (6:11)
13. Mojo Hand (4:49)
14. Shake Some For Me (3:57)
15. Right Tonight (4:28)
16. Bad Gasoline (3:12)
Personnel: STUDEBAKER JOHN - Guitar, Harmonica, Vocals
Rick Kreher - Guitar
Bob Halaj - Bass
Steve Cushing - Drums
Note: Studebaker John appears to be entering that point in his life where he's gonna do the kind of music that he wants to do... Though at one time, his blues would melt paint it was so hot (and that was whether he had his guitar or harmonica blazin'), now-he obviously wants to remember the days of the famed Maxwell St up in Chicago. In talking with him a few years ago, Maxwell St and that era of blues music was one of his favorite subjects. I'm glad he's headed this way musically, even though I was a fan of his early hot blues as well. There were some who were critical of those early CD's-though I'm not sure entirely why...Well-here's one for those past critics.
This new disc is real straight up Chicago Blues, and he even ends it with a very cool twist. He's entirely vintage on this new recording, and like I said in the title of the review-his stuff is original music. I'm not going to go into great details about each tune-go to the samples, they should be enough for any Blues fan to want to purchase this new recording. The twist-to add to the authenticity of this one is this: He found someone with a old "Recordio" machine who still had some old blanks, and recorded the last track onto a old Recordio album, and then put in on CD. This last tune-"Bad Gasoline" is as authentic sounding as it comes, and definitely takes you back to the days of old 78's. (Note-if you don't know what a Recordio or 78 is-you're younger, and you need to look it up). Congrats to you Mr Grimaldi-heck of job (and your great band of musicians), I hope this one will please many, and even turn some folks on to discover a great period of Blues music...
Kingsville Jukin'
___________________________________________________________________
10 comments:
John Grimaldi deserves much more recognition! this man is a wizard on harp & guitar! > 30 years of Old School Chicago Blues and a great album again!
Yeah! You're right dear kempen...
THANKS for your comments!
Wish mircr worked here....can I please ask for a zippy of this too?
@bcat : http://www70.zippyshare.com/v/82519351/file.html
Thank-you BB!
Is it possible to have this link re-up ?
Many thanks
Sorry ! I send my request for re-up too quickly before putting my name on it
New links for this post can be found below. Full art included.
Studebaker John's Maxwell Street Kings - Kingsville Jukin' (2013) [320]
MC: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/0O3INKML/SJMSK-KJ.rar_links
Zippy: http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/np53Vfpv/file.html
@daba:
New link for:
Studebaker John's Maxwell Street Kings - Kingsville Jukin' - 2013 - Flac:
https://we.tl/t-ubzhO04OmP
Thanks Flash! :)
Post a Comment