Sunday, July 20, 2014

Tommy Ridgley - The Tommy Ridgley Collection 1949-1961 (2-Disc set)

Though lacking national chart hits, Tommy Ridgeley was one of the artists most closely associated with New Orleans music during the 1950s – a contemporary of Fats Domino, Professor Longhair, Smiley Lewis and Roy Brown.

Two CD collection brings together his recordings for various labels covering the first two decades of his recording career, shifting from blues to rock 'n' roll, amply demonstrating why he earned the nickname "King of The Stroll"

Album: The Tommy Ridgley Collection 1949-1961.Disc 1
Bitrate: 320K/s
Time: 65:44
Size: 150.5 MB
Styles: New Orleans blues
Year: 2012

[2:57] 1. Shrewsbury Blues
[2:14] 2. Early Dawn Boogie
[2:37] 3. Boogie Woogie Mama
[2:32] 4. Lonely Man Blues
[2:28] 5. Tra La La (A)
[2:39] 6. Anything But Love
[2:35] 7. Once In A Lifetime
[2:28] 8. Come Home Baby
[2:29] 9. Tra La La (B)
[2:27] 10. Lawdy Lawdy Lawd Part 1
[2:38] 11. Lawdy Lawdy Lawd Part 2
[1:43] 12. Got You On My Mind
[1:44] 13. Booted
[2:41] 14. Lavinia
[2:24] 15. I Live My Life
[2:19] 16. Looped
[2:21] 17. Junie Mae
[2:15] 18. Monkey Man
[2:13] 19. Nobody Cares
[2:18] 20. Good Times
[2:05] 21. A Day Is Coming
[2:46] 22. Ooh Lawdy My Baby
[2:56] 23. I'm Gonna Cross That River
[2:48] 24. Wish I Had Never
[2:44] 25. Jam Up Twist
[2:06] 26. When I Meet My Girl
[2:05] 27. What'cha Gonna Do

The Tommy Ridgley Collection 1949-1961.Disc 1

Album: The Tommy Ridgley Collection 1949-1961.Disc 2
Bitrate: 320K/s
Time: 61:40
Size: 141.2 MB
Styles: New Orleans blues
Year: 2012
Art: Front

[2:02] 1. Woncha Gone
[2:09] 2. Baby Do Little
[2:08] 3. Baby Do Little (Alternate Take)
[2:03] 4. Alone But Not Lonely
[1:59] 5. Just A Memory
[2:02] 6. Come Back Baby
[2:17] 7. Mairzy Doats And Dozy Doats
[2:39] 8. I've Heard That Story Before
[2:00] 9. I'll Be True
[2:18] 10. The Girl Across The Street
[1:51] 11. Tina
[2:01] 12. How I Feel
[2:00] 13. Memory Melody (Instrumental)
[2:15] 14. Real Gone Jam (Instrumental)
[2:25] 15. Ding Dong School
[2:26] 16. I've Got My Eyes On You
[2:05] 17. Lonely Tune (Instrumental)
[2:10] 18. Is It True
[2:34] 19. Let's Try And Talk It Over
[2:15] 20. Do You Remember
[2:44] 21. Please Hurry Home
[2:21] 22. Should I Ever Love Again
[2:24] 23. Double Eyed Whammy
[2:17] 24. Three Times
[2:23] 25. The Only Girl For Me
[2:50] 26. In The Same Old Way
[2:51] 27. The Girl From Kookamonga

The Tommy Ridgley Collection 1949-1961.Disc 2

5 comments:

BluesasIcanbe said...

I missed this somehow, Could someone please reupload? All links are dead. Thanks a bundle in advance.

mat.tiggas said...

new links 06jan2016.

Herr Kuratoren said...

Please re up this one! Thanks in advance

codeg said...

The links are dead. Can you kindly repost them? Many thanks!

Red Rooster said...

New links for this post can be found below.

Tommy Ridgley - The Tommy Ridgley Collection 1949-61 (2 CD) (2012) [320]
MC: https://www.mirrored.to/files/35SXQYXU/TR-TTRC2CD.rar_links
Zippy: https://www96.zippyshare.com/v/GiuqNZJ1/file.html