Thursday, August 7, 2014

Toronzo Cannon - 2 albums: Leaving Mood / John The Conquer Root

Growing up in the shadows Chicago's blues mecca, Theresa's Lounge, had a lasting effect on Toronzo Cannon. As a kid, Toronzo would listen to the raw, soulful sounds of legends like Junior Wells, Buddy Guy and Muddy Waters. "It wasn't just the music that got me, but the effect on the people. I knew right then, that was what I was gonna do." These experiences led him to pick up his first guitar as a teenager and begin to learn to sing and play the sounds he heard. Inspired by the three Kings (Freddie, B.B. and Albert), a little Hendrix and some 70's R&B/Soul, Toronzo soon developed his own sound. "If I wasn’t gigging I was hitting every jam session I could find. I couldn’t get enough." It was during this time that he developed his own powerful, gospel-flavored vocal style and electrifying stage presence.

After playing rhythm guitar with local artists like Wayne Baker Brooks and Joanna Connor, Toronzo decided to form his own band, The Cannonball Express. He immediately was in demand, playing some of Chicago’s greatest blues venues like Buddy Guy’s Legends, House of Blues, Kingston Mines, B.L.U.E.S, Blue Chicago, Lee's Unleaded as well as shows from the Midwest to the West coast. He has also played with some of the GREATS in BLUES, OTIS RUSH, BUDDY GUY, LONNIE BROOKS, SHEMEKIA COPELAND, SUGAR BLUE, LURRIE BELL, MICHAEL BURKS, HONEYBOY EDWARDS just to name a few. He also became a popular festival attraction, playing The Chicago Blues Festival for 8 consecutive years and the 2008 and 2012 San Jose Jazz/Blues Festival, Garvin Gate fest in Louisville KY Pickles fest in Lima, Ohio.

INTERNATIONALLY, Toronzo has played Riga,Latvia as a featured artist three times. Over the past few years he has completed successful tours in Mexico, Ottawa Canada, Durban South Africa, France, Highlands Festival in Amersfoort, in the Netherlands, 2 visits to Yeravan in Armenia.

His second and most recent cd release JOHN THE CONQUER ROOT on Delmark records has been Top 10 BLUES cd on multiple radio charts (#38 of the top 50 Blues cds for 2013- LIVING BLUES) and critically acclaimed in ALL of the Blues magazines nationally and internationally. He has been nominated for a BLUES MUSIC AWARD in Memphis for "BEST ROCK/BLUES CD", and inducted into the Blues Hall Of Fame in 2013.

Album: Leaving Mood
Bitrate: 320K/s
Time: 59:35
Size: 136.4 MB
Styles: Chicago blues
Year: 2011
Art: Front

[3:45] 1. She Loved Me
[4:03] 2. Chico's Song
[3:37] 3. Come On
[5:07] 4. I Believe
[5:32] 5. Hard Luck
[4:14] 6. Open Letter (To Whom It May Concern)
[4:14] 7. I Can't Take Her Nowhere
[3:39] 8. Leaving Mood
[3:53] 9. She's Too Much
[4:10] 10. You're A Good Woman
[3:30] 11. Earnestine
[3:51] 12. Do I Move You
[4:20] 13. Baby Girl
[5:36] 14. Not Gonna Worry

Leaving Mood

Album: John The Conquer Root
Bitrate: 320K/s
Time: 57:16
Size: 131.1 MB
Styles: Chicago blues
Year: 2013
Art: Front

[6:16] 1. John The Conquer Root
[5:39] 2. I've Been Doing Fine
[5:05] 3. Cold World
[5:05] 4. Gentle Reminder
[3:54] 5. If You're Woman Enough To Leave Me
[4:45] 6. Shame
[5:55] 7. You Made Me This Way
[4:36] 8. Been Better To You
[5:09] 9. Big Ray Bop
[3:00] 10. Let It Shine Always
[4:51] 11. Sweet, Sweet, Sweet
[2:56] 12. Root To The Fruit...She's Mine (Reprise)

John The Conquer Root

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you please re-up the links for these albums? Thanks! Really enjoying the site! Not much chance to hear blues where I live. Thanks again! SteveO

mat.tiggas said...

new links 23july2015.

Anonymous said...

Thank you!!!

Anonymous said...


Hi, the Toronzo Cannon are both down. Any chance for a rereupp??

Thank you

Stevebuster

Red Rooster said...

New links for these albums can be found below.

Toronzo Cannon - Leaving Mood (2011) [320]
MC: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/15VONLAY/TC-LM.rar_links
Zippy: http://www67.zippyshare.com/v/chCDKXef/file.html

Toronzo Cannon - John The Conquer Root (2013) [320]
MC: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/0BBSOBXX/TC-JTCR.rar_links
Zippy: http://www114.zippyshare.com/v/TkFJOZlZ/file.html

(Full art included for John The Conquer Root.)

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot my dear
Steve

Tip79 said...

I would appreciate the re-uploading of these links. Thanks.

mat.tiggas said...

new links 06july2016.

Tip 79 said...

Thank you for the new links.

ELTON said...

Please RE-UP Toronzo Cannon!!! Thanks in advance!

Red Rooster said...

New links for this post (both albums) can be found below.

Toronzo Cannon - Leaving Mood (2011) [320]
MC: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/EJ2LPC2T/TC-LM.rar_links
Zippy: http://www34.zippyshare.com/v/fWXsgxIy/file.html

Toronzo Cannon - John The Conquer Root (2013) [320]
MC: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/6R550XPL/TC-JTCR.rar_links
Zippy: http://www40.zippyshare.com/v/y8kLDuJT/file.html

ELTON said...

Thank you Red Rooster! All the best!