Monday, July 13, 2015

Pinetop Smith - I Got More Sense Than That

Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 24:02
Size: 55.1 MB
Styles: Piano blues
Year: 2015
Art: Front

[2:47] 1. I Got More Sense Than That
[3:08] 2. Pinetop's Boogie Woogie
[2:42] 3. Pinetop's Blues
[2:45] 4. Now I Ain't Got Nothin' At All
[3:32] 5. Big Boy They Can't Do That
[3:07] 6. I'm Sober Now
[3:16] 7. Jump Steady Blues
[2:42] 8. Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out

Clarence "Pine Top" Smith was one of the earliest pianists to recorded a boogie-woogie" piano solo. His 1928 tune "Pine Top's Boogie Woogie" was the first recording to be labeled as such and and had a great deal of influence on all future pieces in that style. Pine Top toured the minstrel and TOBA vaudeville circuits throughout the 1920s performing with Mamie Smith and Butter Beans and Susie and other vaudeville acts. He was also a frequent solo performer at rent parties, taverns and whorehouses. Smith was accidently shot to death at a dance in Chicago in 1929.

I Got More Sense Than That mc
I Got More Sense Than That zippy

5 comments:

LuisLisboa said...

Could you please re-up this CD? Thanks in advance!!

Red Rooster said...

New links for this post can be found below.

Pinetop Smith - I Got More Sense Than That (2015) [320]
MC: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/VRO1SWYH/PS-IGMSTT.rar_links
Zippy: http://www19.zippyshare.com/v/OGiaWa4K/file.html

daba said...

May I get this reupped please when time allows?🤙💙🎼😎

Red Rooster said...

New links for this post can be found below.

Pinetop Smith - I Got More Sense Than That (2015) [320]
MC: https://www.mirrored.to/files/1XOCIDQL/PS-IGMSTT.rar_links
GoFile: https://gofile.io/d/KDZXbb

collective cy said...

An artist who is more than his signature tune. Thanks for the re-post.