Tuesday, October 27, 2015

John Hammond - You Can't Judge A Book By The Cover

Year: 1993
Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 40:20
Size: 92,4 MB
Styles: Blues
Scans: Full

1. You Can't Judge A Book By The Cover (3:29)
2. I Can't Be Satisfied (3:18)
3. Midnight Hour Blues (4:04)
4. I Hate To See You Go (3:04)
5. My Babe (2:14)
6. Shake For Me (2:43)
7. Long Distance Call (3:23)
8. My Starter Won't Start (2:53)
9. Southbound Blues (3:26)
10. I'm Leavin' You (3:22)
11. I Live The Life I Love (2:47)
12. Help Me (2:22)
13. Gambling Blues (3:13)

Remastered collection of John Hammond's early electric guitar work on Vanguard Records, with Charlie Musselwhite, members of The Band, Mike Bloomfield, Duane Allman, Spooner Oldham and others. Robbie Robertson, Levon Helm, and Garth Hudson can be heard on tracks from the two '60s Vanguard releases So Many Roads and Mirrors.

Personnel:
John Hammond - Vocals, Guitar, Harp
Charlie Musselwhite - Harp
Michael Bloomfield - Guitar, Piano
Levon Helm, Roger Hawkins, Kenny Buttrey - Drums
Jimmy Lewis, David Hood, Tommy Cogbill - Bass
Garth Hudson - Organ
Barry Beckett - Keyboards
Eddie Hinton - Guitar, Piano
Duane Allman - Guitar on 6 & 10
Spooner Oldham, Randall Bramlett - Piano
Roger Hawkins - Percussion

You Can't Judge A Book By The Cover mc
You Can't Judge A Book By The Cover zippy

5 comments:

joaoabel said...

@ Red Rooster
Could you reup this album also? TIA
Best regards.
João Abel

Red Rooster said...

Links for this post updated February 3, 2017

joaoabel said...

@Red Rooster
Thank you also for this one. A very good work. Best regards.
João Abel

Anonymous said...

Please reup. Thanks!

Red Rooster said...

Links updated November 3, 2017.