Sunday, May 29, 2016

Toni Lynn Washington - I Wanna Dance

Year: 2015
Bitrate: MP3@320K/s
Time: 41:12
Size: 95,4 MB
Styles: Blues
Scans: Full

1. I Feel Like A Million (3:40)
2. I Wanna Dance (4:21)
3. Mellow Down Easy (4:26)
4. I Can't Get Over Losing You (4:39)
5. You Better Leave My Man Alone (4:23)
6. Checkin' Up On My Baby (3:04)
7. Give Me One Reason (5:41)
8. Somebody's Sleeping In My Bed (5:41)
9. Walkin' And Talkin' (And Crying My Blues Away) (5:14)

Toni Lynn Washington's latest CD I Wanna Dance is a nine track field trip through all of the various forms of blues music that Ms. Washington has favored over the years. The chanteuse seems to take her listener by the hand and walks him through like an enthusiastic tour guide pointing out many great highlights.

Ms. Washington strikes all of the right notes on this outing and her support players, including sax man Amadee Castenell, drummer Mark Teixeira, and bassist Jesse Williams, make all the right moves too. This singer offers a variety of approaches within her blues genre while her band pumps out great tunefulness all around her. It’s safe to say that every fan of Toni Lynn Washington will be very happy with this offering. The lady is most certainly in all of her glory on this disc.

Personnel: Toni Lynn Washington (vocals), Bruce Bears (keyboards), Amadee Castenell (tenor saxophone), Sax Gordon (tenor and baritone saxophone), Mike Williams (guitar), Jesse Williams (bass), Mark Teixeira (drums).

I Wanna Dance mc
I Wanna Dance zippy

14 comments:

kamane said...

Thanks for this one Rooster :)

wouter said...

thank you, Rooster! i like Toni Lynn's music.

Anonymous said...

Rooster ! Many thanks for this upload !
Unfortunately I killed the following CD's
It's My Turn Now 1997
Blues At Midnight 1995
Is it possible to upload them ?

1000x Merci in advance !

Henri

Red Rooster said...

You're most welcome guys, glad you enjoyed the post. And Henri, I will send links for "Blues At Midnight" (320 kbs)and "It's My Turn Now" (256 kbs) to the Basement so that you can get them from there.

Anonymous said...

Hallo Red Rooster
1000x Thanks for your additional uploads !!
I have seen her live .. an unforgettable evening !
She's an absolute great Blues-Lady !
I also have seen several times Sax Gordon who plays sax on her CD's.
He's also (super) great and even played an additional session for me and my friends.
On request (in the basement) I can upload some of his CD's if you are missing them.

Henri

Red Rooster said...

@Henri .. you're welcome. Have seen Toni Lynn Washington live twice myself, and I agree with you that she's a really great blues vocalist and performer. About the Sax Gordon offer, personally I already have "You Knock Me Out" (previously posted here) plus "Have Horn Will Travel", "Showtime" and "Live At Casa Del Blues" (with Vince Vanelli Band). If you have any other Sax Gordon albums, feel free to send them to the Basement if you want to. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous said...

@Red Rooster
I have 4 Sax Gordon uploads for you ! I will post them this week in the basement.
(I have a lazy internet connection)
Once again many thanks for Toni Lynn Washington, your personal appreciation concerning this lady and your excellent blog in general.
Henri

Red Rooster said...

@Henri .. there's no hurry on my account with those Sax Gordon albums, appreciate your contributions and you just take the time you need. And glad to hear you enjoy this place.

teddy cat baz said...

thanx rooster m8

Anonymous said...

Hello Red Rooster, can you please re-up this album? Thanks in advance, Rockinfish.

Red Rooster said...

Links for this post updated May 18, 2022.

JT said...

Please could you re-up this album, thanks.

Red Rooster said...

Links for this post updated July 18, 2022.

JT said...

Thanks Red Rooster.